Problems with Creative Zen MX?
Mar 6, 2010 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bowedtoothdoc

100+ Head-Fier
After having several Creative products a while back and swearing I would never purchase another, I went ahead and bit the bullet on the recent deal on a Creative Zen MX 16Gb player through Amazon. I am already having issues!

1) The player will only play files synced from my Office PC and most of the albums synced play fine, but some of the synced albums fail to even show up on the player menu. If I connect the player and open up the files on the player they are definitely there, but for some reason they don't show in the menu of the player? Also several albums are showing as unknown artist in the player where in my music library they are categorized properly?

2) If I sync from my home PC when I try to play the track I get the message " No license to play this Track " for all content.

Any help is appreciated!

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 4
I do know with the Cowon D2, sometimes when you add too many songs at once, it can corrupt the database.

Maybe you should only throw in songs in small increments then unplug and let it create a database. Then plug back in and rinse and repeat?

I have no experience with Creative players but maybe it's a similar issue. I do know that Creative's sd slot does not merge it's content with the stuff onboard.

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Just to follow up in case anyone else has this problem. I solved it by installing the Creative Centrale software. I first did a firmward update, still no good syncing with WMP, but works fine using Centrale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back