problems to convert video to ipod
Nov 23, 2008 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jegarn

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I've tried a lot of different programs to convert avi files to ipod format but it doesn't work. With all the programs I get a error message and the converting process ends.

At the moment I'm trying with quicktime. Tho I didn't get the video to work with quicktime, it played but it was all black, it seems to work to convert it at least. don't know if I'll get any picture tho

Any ideas?
Downloaded divx and xvid codecs for quicktime. I use Windows
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 16
Try PSP Video 9 (freeware). I don't have an ipod, but converted MPEG4 files is said to work perfectly fine on them, PSPs and Walkmans. In fact videos I made work on my Nokia E51, PSP and Walkman.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try PSP Video 9 (freeware). I don't have an ipod, but converted MPEG4 files is said to work perfectly fine on them, PSPs and Walkmans. In fact videos I made work on my Nokia E51, PSP and Walkman.

This is also a great prog, highly recommended by quite a few people. I, personally, use the video converter that came w/my D2 JetAudio JetVideo converter).

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

I've tried a lot of different programs to convert avi files to ipod format but it doesn't work. With all the programs I get a error message and the converting process ends.

At the moment I'm trying with quicktime. Tho I didn't get the video to work with quicktime, it played but it was all black, it seems to work to convert it at least. don't know if I'll get any picture tho

Any ideas?
Downloaded divx and xvid codecs for quicktime. I use Windows
frown.gif

You mean you have tried a lot of different programs?
In fact, I can't find out the exact problem, either.
I don't know whether this program Pavtube Video Converter can solve you problem. It is used to convert variouse videos such as AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG, etc. to other video formats compatible with digital devices including iPod, Zune, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, Creative Zen, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, Xbox 360, PDA, etc.
However, it's not free.
I prefer it as its after-sale service is good. When encoutering problems, you can send your question to there support center to get help via email.

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #13 of 16
I second Handbrake.. and read the help files, use 2 pass encoding and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back