Problem with Unique Melody
Jul 3, 2014 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Fernito

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there!

Like 2 months ago I bought the UM Merlin from their website, and everything went fine until yesterday: they sent me an email telling me that the IEMs were ready for shipping, and after that they sent me the tracking number. As some of you might know, Unique Melody site says that they only use FedEx for shipping their products, but when I looked at the tracking number, I noticed something strange: it started with 2 letters, and ended with "CN". I said to myself "well... that doesn't look like a FedEx tracking code, looks more like a standard EMS shipping". I went to the China Post tracking website and I confirmed my suspicions: the IEMs were shipped by China Post.

I already sent a mail to them asking for an explanation, but they take forever to reply, so I decided to make a thread here and ask if someone has had a similar experience with them?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Bump?

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 9
I don't know... this a textual quote from their site: "All IEM's purchased from Unique Melody Global are shipped express by Fedex's 3 day worldwide expedited service."

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 9
I have talked to them and ems is also an option, I can't be sure since I'm not UM but the thing with the customs sounds legit and when I make the order I will ask for ems as well..

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 9
I see... anyway, they should ask the customer before choosing the shipping method, shouldn't they?

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #7 of 9
Yes ,you are absolutely right, they should have asked first. 
I'm not here to defend them, I just gave you a 360 degrees view, that's all!

Enjoy your Merlins :)

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #9 of 9
It's definitely not delivered in the same time than FedEx... It's been 6 days since the IEMs were posted, and I still can't even find them in my local post office tracking system. Their website says explicitly "3 days expedited wordwide shipping" (yeah, the shipping cost is included in the price).

I really didn't expect this from Unique Melody, specially after all the nice comments I've read about the company. Actually, one of the main reasons why I chose UM for my first customs is because of the good things I read about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back