Problem with RE-262 or my ears?
Apr 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hydralisk01

New Head-Fier
I absolutely love the sound of the RE-0 and decided to get the RE-262 as an upgrade. I have listened to the RE-262 for about a month now, and today i went back to the RE-0 and for some reason i really liked the RE-0 sound over the RE-262. Are my ears just strange because everyone here seems to rate the 262 as better. 

I felt on first listen the RE-262 sounded really warm, but i let them burn in and eventually felt they sounded great, but noticed a difference to the RE-0 in the bass being not as quick, as well and the highs not as crisp. The mids however are much much better. Reading other peoples impressions seem to get similar thoughts, but in general most people felt the RE-262 are better.

Now im doubting if my pair or RE-262 are just bad or my ears are strange 
blink.gif

Additional info: I am using both earphones with the Fiio E5 + L3 on an iPhone4S listening mostly to 192kbit mp3s.

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
I absolutely love the sound of the RE-0 and decided to get the RE-262 as an upgrade. I have listened to the RE-262 for about a month now, and today i went back to the RE-0 and for some reason i really liked the RE-0 sound over the RE-262. Are my ears just strange because everyone here seems to rate the 262 as better. 

I felt on first listen the RE-262 sounded really warm, but i let them burn in and eventually felt they sounded great, but noticed a difference to the RE-0 in the bass being not as quick, as well and the highs not as crisp. The mids however are much much better. Reading other peoples impressions seem to get similar thoughts, but in general most people felt the RE-262 are better.

Now im doubting if my pair or RE-262 are just bad or my ears are strange 
blink.gif

Additional info: I am using both earphones with the Fiio E5 + L3 on an iPhone4S listening mostly to 192kbit mp3s.

Better doesn't mean same sound signature....

Perhaps you just don't like the RE-262 sound signature... from what I've read, it's different from the RE-0
If you want an upgrade over RE-0, maybe Etymotic or RE-252 / RE-272 will fit you better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back