Problem with opa627s in Asus Xonar STX
Mar 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dextersventures

New Head-Fier
I ordered two opa627ap to put into my asus xonar stx card for my headphone listening. When I put them into the card, the headphone volume is so very low and it distorts a little. I only bought two of them, one for each slot for the headphones. I have no clue what is wrong, I installed them correctly. I heard somewhere, somebody said that these are only single channel and that I need an adaptor or something. Im not sure. So does that mean I need to buy some adaptors and two more. Im so confused, all help will be greatly be appreciated.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Mar 1, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by dextersventures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered two opa627ap to put into my asus xonar stx card for my headphone listening. When I put them into the card, the headphone volume is so very low and it distorts a little. I only bought two of them, one for each slot for the headphones. I have no clue what is wrong, I installed them correctly. I heard somewhere, somebody said that these are only single channel and that I need an adaptor or something. Im not sure. So does that mean I need to buy some adaptors and two more. Im so confused, all help will be greatly be appreciated.

Those units are singal channel. The I/V and buffer section of the STX require dual channel modules. You will need to get some adapters to use them properly for these circuit positions. The OPA627 work great for I/V on the STX, I used them for awhile on this card the trouble is you need to use the SOIC version on adapters for I/V.
Such as these:

They have one chip on the top and one on the bottom. 1 chip for each channel.
I have seen peopel use the DIP 8 version on the I/V using customs adapters or extension cables but this setup is definately not optimal.
Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back