problem with magni/modi - not getting any sound
Aug 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

serbia

New Head-Fier
hi

Having a problem with my magni/modi stack, would appreciate some thoughts.

Moved the units and my laptop (macbook pro) last night and since reattaching units to my laptop i'm getting 0 sound out of them. The light on the amp and dac turns on and laptop picks up the dac, so i think it's the amp. The headphones are working fine, so it's not them.

i've tried different usb ports, different power source for the amp and fully disconnecting all cables. no luck.

Has any one else had similar problems? back to the dealer on monday unless i cant find a solution i think

Aaron

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 9
Have you made sure the audio output in OSX is set to Schiit USB Audio Device?  Option click the little speaker icon and double check.

Aug 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 9
how would i do that as the signal goes via usb in to modi, i don't think i could send signal to the amp wthout it going through the modi

Doesn't your MacBook Pro have a regular 1/8" stereo analog output jack on it? If so, just get a cheap cable that goes from 1/8" stereo to a pair of RCAs and plug those into the Magni.

Also, you mentioned using a different power source for the amp. Could you elaborate on that a bit? The Magni should really only be fed by the AC wall wart that it comes with.

se

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 9
It does yes. Will buy cheap cable and try that possibly. At least I can then see if the amp functions as a stand alone. If it does though then I have no idea why the amp and DAC are not working together. The mac is fine.

I just meant the re. Power I have tried plugging in to extension cable and direct to socket. I am using the adapter that came with them from schiit

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back