Problem with JH Audio
Jul 11, 2020 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

snewton70

New Head-Fier
just wandering if any of you have had a problem with your dealing with JH Audio?
Couple of year ago i had some 13v2 made this was done through the custom iem company in the uk
Anyway contacted JH Audio in april about getting them reshelled as was not happy with the fit the right ear piece has gone slightly loose its ok but not 100% as i would like after communicating with them they told me that they do not do reshells but would give me a 30% off a new set so decided that i would buy the Layla purple haze and paid for them but they would have to wait for my impressions, that this would take time due to the pandemic, during this time i changed my mind on the design and emailed Andy Bailey regarding this he emailed back saying not a problem and would make a note on my account then in june emailed him again as had seen other design and told him that i had seen the design he had been showing on the Instagram feed and that i would be very much interested in that and due to the cost of them it was something i had to get right
This week i have decided to cancel my order and the reply i got was

Unfortunately, the order was already started with the old impressions and then we had to stop it to wait for new impressions you wanted to send in. We cannot process a refund for you but we can rush your order through when you finally can get the new impressions.

Our return policy is on the website

I will be contacting my bank to see if i can go the charge back route
I just find that reply really strange

If anyone could through there 2 pence worth in id be really interested in what you think

Jul 13, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 10
I don't know man but if I were spending so much for a product, I would expect better customer service and return policies.

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #4 of 10
Over the weekend i have been in touch with JH Audio but posing a a potential buyer asking the question if you had my impressions on file and when filling out the order form there is a question relating to if JH Audio has your impressions on file and i use the not yet option they have told me under no circumstances would they use the old impressions on file
I also contacted ciem company uk
And they tell me that when my impressions are sent to JH Audio the only information that they give to them is my name no other details are provided so if they did start to make the iems how did they know they were my impressions just from my name?

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #5 of 10
Having dealt with JHA and other CIEMs, I wouldn't expect a full refund for custom stuff since its not something they can adjust on the fly especially with the number of changes you have included over the timeframe of your dealings with JHA.

Customer service doesn't mean changing your mind 3 times on a one-off item and then expecting a full refund. I can understand refunding off the shelf stuff as I have done so myself a few times but not for custom stuff so you gotta be really committed as to what you want. I wanted clear JH16 with TWAg cables and got exactly that.

Your impressions wont fit anyone else and that's time and material JHA wont be recovering. The fact that you have not even specified material so many months in the process signifies poor planning on your part and as per industry standards, they will build it in acrylic which is what most CIEMs tend to be.

Your name is probably linked to some sort of serial number which acts as a unique identifier as I noticed a number on my JH16 which I assume would be a unique identifier so that with just my name and impressions, JHA would know who I am.

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 10
Think your missing the point im trying to make
that they knew that they were going to have to wait for my impressions as that was the box i checked on the order form as there is a pandemic it was going to take a lot longer and if they did start to make shells for previous impressions that were supplied through a third party that only supplied my name they would have surely asked me if they were indeed my impressions how could they possibly now that they were mine just from my name?
And yes it probably is poor planning on my part
The point im making is im disputing that they haven't done anything other than take my money they haven't done anything else let alone start to make them

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 10
They started the order so request a partial refund. If you,re lucky you,ll get a full refund. The reason your impressions were identified is because they probably have a unique serial number which the impressions company also gave to JHA and that's how JHA knows they belong to you.

Happy to post a picture of my impressions and there is some etching/printing that seems to be a unique identifier.

I spent a few hours hemming and hawing before I locked in my choice and that was it. CIEM are not easy or cheap so JHA will probably charge some sort of deposit if they decide to refund the balance.

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #8 of 10
Ive got a set of 13v2's so i know they have a serial number they were bought through a third party they only supplied my name
That was the only information JH Audio got so 3 years later when i tell JH Audio that they do not have my impressions on file and will send them in and the fact that even till last month in june that i was still in discussions with andy bailey who is the main person who deals with designs telling him that this is a decision i have to get right due tothe cost and he comes back to me telling me not a problem that he will make a note on my file
Then i ask to cancel the order and all of a sudden they had started to make them but had to stop?

Jul 13, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #9 of 10
Hi Shane,

There has definitely been some miscommunication here on our (JH Audio's) part. You're absolutely correct that your IEMs have not been made yet, we would never start an order before making sure the correct impressions were in hand and the design was completely finalized. I am not involved with accounting but I will make sure this is taken care of for you, my apologies.

-Andrew

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Hi Shane,

There has definitely been some miscommunication here on our (JH Audio's) part. You're absolutely correct that your IEMs have not been made yet, we would never start an order before making sure the correct impressions were in hand and the design was completely finalized. I am not involved with accounting but I will make sure this is taken care of for you, my apologies.

-Andrew
Massive thanks to Andy Bailey @JH Audio for sorting this out for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back