Problem with er-4p's
May 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Somefears

New Head-Fier
I've been enjoying my etymotic's for a while now, but I've recently been experiencing some problems with them. My left earbud seems a little muffled, and it can no longer produce bass. I've tried replacing the filter, but it didnt seem to do anything. In fact, I have tried two different filters to no avail. The cable seems to be in good shape too. I am thinking of sending them to etymotic, but I don't want to be without them for that long. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to fix this.

May 25, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 9
If you haven't done so, try listening to it in swapped position (left earpiece in right ear, vice versa). That's to rule out your ear being the issue. Find another person to confirm the issue is also good. Beyond that, your best bet is to send it back.

May 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 9
I have tried listening to the left phone in my right ear, but it still sounded muffled. I am out of ideas. I think I will just contact etymotic about the problem and see if they can help. Thanks for the advice ClieOS.

May 25, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 9
Try a different source. If the problem remains the same contact Etymotic. They have good CS so should be able to help you out.

May 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 9
Etymotic customer services is great.  I had an issue with my 4s a couple of months ago.  Sent them to Etymotic and even though they were out of warranty, Etymotic looked them over anyways.  Only cost was shipping.  Turned out the problem was with an amp and LOD cable.

May 25, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 9
Try to contact Etymotic, they are usually good with their CS.

May 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #8 of 9
Have you checked the filter, and whether it has moved into a new location or maybe there is debris or wax in the soundtube?  There may be an issue with the armature, but I would look at the soundtube or filter first, especially if the problem is isolated to a specific IEM channel.

May 26, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #9 of 9
Hmm, i contacted etymotic and asked me to send them in, but i forgot who i ordered it from, and hence I can't provide the proof of purchase they need to repair them. So I don't know what to do there. I've tried multiple sources, but the same problem persisted. Also, the soundtube seemed to be clean. I might send them in, but I would be afraid about what they would charge me since I don't have proof of purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back