Problem with classifieds purchase
Nov 9, 2010 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

seaninbrisbane

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure where to post this, so please excuse me if it's in the wrong place.  Almost two months ago I purchased a pair of IEMs from a Head-Fi member.  As they were being sent international (US to Australia) I never pestered the seller to ask where they were, until a couple of weeks ago.  He was apologetic and told me that he would investigate.  A couple of emails later he told me that he had no luck finding out where they were, and that he wasn't sure what to do.  I replied, asking for a postal ref number or proof of postage - but he never replied, even after a couple of follow-up emails.  Where can I go from here?  Any suggestions?  I feel like I've been scammed and I have nothing to listen with!
frown.gif
 I have since left factual feedback for the seller.  Thanks for listening.  Sean

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 29
Thanks for the PMs/reply. I have now established that at least one other person has had a less than smooth transaction with this seller.  Unfortunately, I was trying to help the guy save on PayPal fees, so I sent the money as a gift (wouldn't normally do this).  Time to start saving again!  Regards, Sean

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 29
Always upsetting to see this kind of thing happen. I've been scammed of a few hundred dollars before (not here), it's not fun. People work extremely hard (most of the time) for their money, they earn it. Best of luck with getting a resolution.

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 29
"Always upsetting to see this kind of thing happen. I've been scammed of a few hundred dollars before (not here), it's not fun. People work extremely hard (most of the time) for their money, they earn it. Best of luck with getting a resolution."

Yip, I was a bit gutted at the time - just finishing uni and very little spare cash.  Maybe I'll treat myself in the new year when I start my new job!  I'm not letting it get me too pi**ed off though!

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 29
Well - I never did receive the earphones. 
frown.gif
 Nor did the seller get in touch - it looks as though he has left the forum.  I think it would be ok to name him now: ambientrevolut (Justin Schiff) - he resides in Los Angeles, CA 90028 (I have his full address).

Hope he really needed the money more than I needed the IEMs!

Cheers!

Sean

Dec 13, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #12 of 29
That sux. I know it is probably too much hassle especially since you are in a different country but if you have his personal info it might not be a bad idea to contact his local police department. Who knows...maybe they have others that have complained as well and they can use your information in their case. Even a letter to the guy threatening police action if your money/IEMs are not received. I know that when I was working for the local sheriff's department, we investigated a couple scammers from ebay. They were arrested and taken through the court process. I think people like that bank of the fact that most folks will just cut their loss and let it go and not take action. Usually the threat of action will get them to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back