Probelem Selling Equipement Online (Paypal)
Jan 16, 2009 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Suntory_Times

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently sold a piece of equipement, which was to be posted from Australia to America. Three days after payement was recieved the buyer filled a claim stating as he had not recieved the goods and that I had not responded to his messages, (which I had responded and have saved with time stamps etc). Now i'm faced with the problem in that if he esculates the claim he will no doubt get his money back despite also having the item he 'bought'. I also have several hundred dollars of funds that I neaded to pay medical bills as a result frozen in paypal. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to further protect myself and possibly access my money (as the buyer is no longer responding to my messages and I have to fear the worst).

Jan 16, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Do you have proof of postage? Was the method of postage trackable and if so do you have the tracking number? Did you post to a Paypal verified address? The answer to all of those questions would have to be yes if you are to even stand a chance against your scammer. I've learned it the hard way too...
frown.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Three days after you recieved payment and he is already filing a complaint?
It takes more than 3 days for an item to get from Australia to USA, so if hes making a complaint so quickly, PayPal would know hes either scamming you, or just very impatient.

Document every transaction and step in the transaction and print everything on paper, and also screen-shot everything and save it as evidence.

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 5
so far so good, the answer to both is yes and I have saved all correspondance

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 5
I've been forced to seculate the claim made, as it's been over a week that the buyer has wrongly frozen my money. This has in turn meant that i've had to stop all my other transactions of both buying and selling. I have provided 2 documents with proof of postage to paypal as well as the tracking number (which was given to the buyer over a week ago). The buyer can't deny the package has been sent (or that the tracking number was given to him) or that he should have recieved the package in 3 days (the bigger joke is he only waited one work day after paying before filing a dispute for non-receipt of item). Should this protect me as the seller and are there any other documents I should provide (as I don't think it would be usefull sending through all the correspondance we had on head-fi, in addition to that on paypal). Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back