Probably wrong section but I am sure I will be told...question about ripping CD's
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

moorashj

100+ Head-Fier
Ok..got my DX-90 last night and started ripping CD to FLAC.  I use a mac so I have been using XLD to rip to the FLAC format.  Is there something more I should be doing to get the best sound possible from the CD's?
Thanks all

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Not for sound but check the file tags. You're probably not used to manually checking that if you've using Macs and iOS devices, but with others you really have to check even if there's an autotag (unless it was embedded in the disc originally, but even then best to check). On the upside, once set, they're easier to use from one Android or similar device to another.

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 3
  Ok..got my DX-90 last night and started ripping CD to FLAC.  I use a mac so I have been using XLD to rip to the FLAC format.  Is there something more I should be doing to get the best sound possible from the CD's?
Thanks all

As long as error correction is activated, you should be fine. The only time you lose data from CDs is if they are scratched badly enough the error correction doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back