prissy earwax
Oct 31, 2010 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tommyjp

New Head-Fier
I'm from UK and I don't know about anywhere else but it's virtually impossible to demo iem's because of health and safety issues. The number of times I've exchanged bodily fluids with someone I only met an hour before in nightclubs or pubs over the years and people are crying over earwax contamination. If I'm buying a £200 pair of iem's I want to hear them first! Great Scott! it's not a blood transfusion!

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Aren't you concerned about catching an ATD - an auditorially transmitted disease?

Shame you haven't been able to attend one of the CanJam events over here. Manufacturers arrive with a bunch of disposable tips and everyone gets a fresh pair for demos.

Have you asked if you could bring along a few of your own disposable tips so as not to dirty the ones in the box?

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 3
no i haven't heard of this what can you catch? my experience with the bringing your own tips is that they won't do this either. however shops do exist that let you do it which bring into question the whole hygiene argument if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back