[Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.
Jan 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #151 of 251
I guess it's too early for talk about the Galaxy S5 which I saw that the specs are released.I cant remember if they are official specs.

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #152 of 251
  I guess it's too early for talk about the Galaxy S5 which I saw that the specs are released.I cant remember if they are official specs.

OMG i can NOT waitttt for the S5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! ...prob won't be out until march, but some of the rumored specs are sickkkknessssss.

edit: there are no confirmed official specs out yet. they are all rumors, but some info does seem very likely. it's so sad that the current smart phone market place is so sorely lacking in android phones with removable batteries & sd cards.

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #153 of 251
It says you can chose between an all steel body or plastic.Withe the steel costing more.I'll see if I can find the specs to post.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #154 of 251
It says you can chose between an all steel body or plastic.Withe the steel costing more.I'll see if I can find the specs to post.

the metal version (most like aluminium not steel) would probably have better internal specs too from what i've read

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #158 of 251
For LG G2 users, this works straight out of the box for the stock 4.2.2 ROM but not on Kitkat stock ROM (4.4.2). In fact, on kitkat ROM, when my phone is connected to my JDSLabs CmoyBB amp, there is hissing/static (don't know the correct term) which does not go away even when the music is playing (so for now avoid Kitkat!)

On my ASUS T100 Windows 8.1 tablet, it works just fine (connect as a PC using the micro USB to micro USB cable.)

Overall, very nice.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #160 of 251
This is something that I must admit concerns me. At the moment my Galaxy Note 3 runs Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and as far as I can tell I'll have no problems when I buy an E18 as it'll work fine. However, it would seem that if I update my phone to Android 4.4 (KitKat - which should be rolling out here soon) I may end up with a device which won't work any more.

Have I got this right or am I worrying over nothing?

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #161 of 251
Bump

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #163 of 251
I've read some people saying it does work with certain phones. I'm simply trying to find a more definitive opinion but I'm not getting anywhere as you can see.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #164 of 251
This is something that I must admit concerns me. At the moment my Galaxy Note 3 runs Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and as far as I can tell I'll have no problems when I buy an E18 as it'll work fine. However, it would seem that if I update my phone to Android 4.4 (KitKat - which should be rolling out here soon) I may end up with a device which won't work any more.

Have I got this right or am I worrying over nothing?

If you stick with the OEM software I don't see why USB OTG audio would be removed? Most of the manufacturers were adding USB OTG audio for the last few generations of devices. I had USB OTG audio on my S3 going back to 4.1 I think. Most manufacturers' recent versions of Android now have USB OTG now (Sony, Samsung, LG, HTC) and it'll probably stay this way. My S3 kept USB OTG audio through successive version updates since I got it. 

When I flashed Cyanogenmod 10 (Android 4.3) last year I lost USB OTG audio as it wasn't included in the software. I'm not running Cyangenmod 11 (Android 4.4) now and USB OTG audio is back and working great with my E18. So it's a software thing usually, but I don't see why OEM software would remove it in future versions.

I know the Nexus devices out of the box don't support USB OTG audio. But flashing something like Cyanogenmod 11 adds it to devices like the Nexus 4, 5. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #165 of 251
That's good enough for me thanks very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back