[Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.
Dec 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #106 of 251
  But the LG also have Hi-res Audio, and should be the best sounding Smartphone on the planet right now, so does it bring something to upgrade it with the Kunlun? Maybe the E12 will make more sence?

Having HD playback capability doesn't in anyway indicates that a smartphone is good sounding, left alone being best.

Dec 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #107 of 251
Any updates regarding the E18 being able to drive the Mad Dogs or not?

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #108 of 251
Maybe. I don't have any iOS7 devices to try, but E18 isn't designed to run on iDevice nor have the MFi chip inside.

ah, so that is the key, mFi chip to be able to determine if an amp can be used by iPhone lightning adapter on iOS device :)

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #109 of 251
ah, so that is the key, mFi chip to be able to determine if an amp can be used by iPhone lightning adapter on iOS device :)

MFi chip makes compatible iOS devices capable of hosting / using the DAC natively with any additional setup. But there is still a chance that you might get it to work with the Camera Connection Kit and perhaps also a powered USB hub. Not really portable that way though.

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #110 of 251

MFi chip makes compatible iOS devices capable of hosting / using the DAC natively with any additional setup. But there is still a chance that you might get it to work with the Camera Connection Kit and perhaps also a powered USB hub. Not really portable that way though.

MFi is the 'system' before iOS 7. that includes iPod classics etc. Devs with iOS7 work with the CCK over the USBAudio1 protocol. (I haven't tested it, but technically it should work! Powered hub is for the units without the good 'self powered' design, E18 has a good one. so you just need a CCK to test) 

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #111 of 251

Cool, thanks for the explanation man :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #112 of 251
Cool, thanks for the explanation man :)

NP, but please remember that my explanation is only technical, I havent tested the thing! :) (e.i don't buy it if you are not sure too!! :p :p )

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #114 of 251
Very nice... I might have to pick this up one day for some use with DI.Fm to see how much of a quality increase I can get out of my terrible CellPhone Audio! 

Hopefully, once I get a chance to listen, I'll have something worth while to recommend to all those Droid Using Music lovers! At least will we can convince em to get something like the X3 or an hm 601

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #116 of 251
  An X3 or the coming X5 with Android would make the E18 obsolete , so that won´t happen altrough I would wish a Wlan chip.

well the E18 would be the first step to getting these Cell Phone music lovers into an X5. Any one who owns an E18 might wind up on head fi, which would be a grat place to sell their E18 after they upgrade to an X3 or X5.

ANd X5 with Droid... EWW. Not sure how I feel about that honestly... oh well I'm not a HUGE Fiio Fan so I could care less... still I'm also having to get my HM 801 repaired next month so I might try the X3 or DX50 while my HM 801 is out 

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #119 of 251
  Very nice... I might have to pick this up one day for some use with DI.Fm to see how much of a quality increase I can get out of my terrible CellPhone Audio! 

Hopefully, once I get a chance to listen, I'll have something worth while to recommend to all those Droid Using Music lovers! At least will we can convince em to get something like the X3 or an hm 601

Listening to di.fm right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back