[Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.
Dec 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #211 of 251
I use the E18 when I got to the library to study and it is fantastic. It drives my AKG 495NC, ATH M50s and Shure SE425 very well. It has not been very good for a desktop amp though. I much rather use my Aune TK1 when I am at home on my computer. It does charge though while acting as a DAC so that is a really nice plus. Overall, I love this amp because it works with my HTC One M8 and my computer.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #212 of 251
Hey guys anyone knows is it's possible to bypass the Windows internal mixer using chrome with Play unlimited as source?

For serius listening I use music bee with WASAPI and FLACS but I'm trying to go with 320 kbs mp3 and see if the quality is good enoght (yes, I think).. further play unlimited is great for comfortable listening and for discovering new bands and songs! 

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #213 of 251
  Hey guys anyone knows is it's possible to bypass the Windows internal mixer using chrome with Play unlimited as source?

For serius listening I use music bee with WASAPI and FLACS but I'm trying to go with 320 kbs mp3 and see if the quality is good enoght (yes, I think).. further play unlimited is great for comfortable listening and for discovering new bands and songs! 

if it's possible I have not found a way to do it. If you let find out I would love to know though. I really love Play Unlimited for the reasons you mentioned and would love to bypass windows mixer.

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #214 of 251
  if it's possible I have not found a way to do it. If you let find out I would love to know though. I really love Play Unlimited for the reasons you mentioned and would love to bypass windows mixer.

Ok I don't think to spend much time in looking a way to do that as I'm happy with the SQ. I tried to go with FLACs but they are way to big.. I still don't know if I will keep that format just for my DX 50 or if switch entirely to mp3 also to have more albums on it. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #215 of 251

Ok I don't think to spend much time in looking a way to do that as I'm happy with the SQ. I tried to go with FLACs but they are way to big.. I still don't know if I will keep that format just for my DX 50 or if switch entirely to mp3 also to have more albums on it. 

That's fine. Sorta figured that would be the case. I guess test and see what you hear. I know that I have to transcode my 24bit for portable because it takes up WAY too much space and for mobile listening. I usually convert to V0, but 320 should give you a solid sound.

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #216 of 251

That's fine. Sorta figured that would be the case. I guess test and see what you hear. I know that I have to transcode my 24bit for portable because it takes up WAY too much space and for mobile listening. I usually convert to V0, but 320 should give you a solid sound.

Yes I'm still undecided and a bit scary to convert all I have to mp3 and to delete all my FLACs. I think I will start with my prefs and see how the will sound to my ears. I don't I will be able to detect differences in outdoor listening between flacs and 320kbs :D

The only issue is that I don't know ho to batch process all my flacs in order to convert them to mp3.. It will be a pain to process them one by one...

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #217 of 251
  Yes I'm still undecided and a bit scary to convert all I have to mp3 and to delete all my FLACs. I think I will start with my prefs and see how the will sound to my ears. I don't I will be able to detect differences in outdoor listening between flacs and 320kbs :D

The only issue is that I don't know ho to batch process all my flacs in order to convert them to mp3.. It will be a pain to process them one by one...

Oh man I would never recommend deleting the FLAC entirely! That's crazy man! Do you have the budget for an external HDD? If you want to batch process conversion from flac you can use a program like dbpoweramp (it's a fantastic program that is very customization to retain quality during transcodes. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #218 of 251
  Oh man I would never recommend deleting the FLAC entirely! That's crazy man! Do you have the budget for an external HDD? If you want to batch process conversion from flac you can use a program like dbpoweramp (it's a fantastic program that is very customization to retain quality during transcodes. 

LOL I'll never do that actually :D 

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #219 of 251
  LOL I'll never do that actually :D 

Phew, just making sure! Give dbpoweramp a try for batch conversion. You can also use trader's little helper or the built in on foobar or mediamonkey (I have never used either of these, but I hear they work!)

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #220 of 251
  Phew, just making sure! Give dbpoweramp a try for batch conversion. You can also use trader's little helper or the built in on foobar or mediamonkey (I have never used either of these, but I hear they work!)

smily_headphones1.gif
 I'll go with musicbee as always, let's see how it converts flacs

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #221 of 251
Yeah, you scared me when you said you were going to delete your FLACS. I did that a long time ago when I wanted to compress my music catalogue to mp3s. I so regret it now, but I didn't have the money in college for an external hard drive.

Ah well, I know better now. Just store them on an HD so you have a back up somewhere. Oh and I use Mediamonkey for batch processing mp3s. But I've also been using mediamonkey for years.

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #222 of 251
  Yeah, you scared me when you said you were going to delete your FLACS. I did that a long time ago when I wanted to compress my music catalogue to mp3s. I so regret it now, but I didn't have the money in college for an external hard drive.

Ah well, I know better now. Just store them on an HD so you have a back up somewhere. Oh and I use Mediamonkey for batch processing mp3s. But I've also been using mediamonkey for years.

MMh I think this has been a sick idea due to hype moment regarding E18 comfort as Mobile DAC.. The DX50 is born for Flac and hi-res music and I'll continue using it as it deserve.. with FLAC. Soon I will buy a 2Tb external HD so everithing will be in the same place.. I'm quite maniac in these things.. I don't like to have all music in different drives etc..

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #223 of 251

MMh I think this has been a sick idea due to hype moment regarding E18 comfort as Mobile DAC.. The DX50 is born for Flac and hi-res music and I'll continue using it as it deserve.. with FLAC. Soon I will buy a 2Tb external HD so everithing will be in the same place.. I'm quite maniac in these things.. I don't like to have all music in different drives etc..

You have a way to go then if 2TB is enough.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #224 of 251
Guys what do you think about E18's internal amp? I'd like to see what other people think about it. In my case I found it to be really nice but to me E12 has better bass impact and seems overall better. I need to make a better comparisons but this is my actual impressions. In point for E18 is that with IEM it is dead silent with no hiss or noise while E12 has background noise.

Dec 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #225 of 251
Guys what do you think about E18's internal amp? I'd like to see what other people think about it. In my case I found it to be really nice but to me E12 has better bass impact and seems overall better. I need to make a better comparisons but this is my actual impressions. In point for E18 is that with IEM it is dead silent with no hiss or noise while E12 has background noise.

I agree with the no hiss or noise with nothing on and IEMs. I don't have the E11, but I think difference is probably negligible. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back