[Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise.
Mar 18, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #245 of 251
Well, the DAC in the E18 is probably better than the Tab's built-in one so there's a boost right away. The E18 amp isn't quite as powerful as the E12 but it's more than enough for most headphones you're likely to use with a portable device.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #248 of 251
Just got an E18k to replace my E7. So far I'm happy except I randomly get very quiet static when the 3.5mm plug swivels.

Hardware is OnePlus One -> E18k (gain and bass is off or low) -> headphones.
Software is stock cyanogen OS with latest updates and using Poweramp (full version).

I tried using my UE Triplefi10, AudioTechnica M50, and Denon D7100 but they all seem to have static when the 3.5mm jack swivels. I get no static when using my Denon 300USB DAC with any of my headphones. The Triplefi10 being most prone to this random static. Could be coincidence but it's most noticeable when it's in between tracks or playing youtube... strangely and fortunately, it seems to be just fine when it's playing music via Poweramp software.

Anyone else have this issue?

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #249 of 251
Okay, just found this link on fiio... Are these really that prone to interference from my phone? I don't think my E7 was like this...
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40345&extra=

PS: Went through this thread but I hope this isn't a topic already covered.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #250 of 251
What are the main advantages (or not) to using the Kunlun with an Android phone vs the  Alpen 2 E17-K? Which one generally has the better audio quality and ease of use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back