Pretty Sad only one 2007 Full Featured Reivew and ZERO 2008
Apr 9, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 15
This might be because of the fact that almost all people who buys it buys it as their first stand-alone dac (me for exemple). Therefore they can not give very good reviews and comparisons. The people who would make excellent reviews do already have better dacs, so they do not want to buy a low/mid-fi dac just to review it.

Just my guess.

The zero thread have a lot of praise, but that is mostly from (in the dac world) inexperienced people so it's hard to know how good it really is. I think it sounds good, but I'm one of those inexperienced people.

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 15
I'm afraid Speakerhead was referring to the fact that on the full featured reviews sub-forum there was only one review added in 2007 and in these months of 2008 no review has been added.
I wonder if it's related to some moderators or staff policy or that to have a review added to the "featured..." subforum some members have to ask for it.

Rgrds

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 15
Edit: Same as above
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 15
I was getting tired of reading thread titles saying "X vs Y vs Z"

and open them up to be disappointed that someone just wanted reviews, and not actual writing their own (or searching for old ones).

I am one of the many who does not have any gear to compare mine against. Hopefully I can write a review after the Chicago meet with the EMU vs the Keces DAC. and maybe a modded vs unmodded D2000.

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #7 of 15
It'd be cool to have the Better reviews in the forum they belong. It should be encouraged to write descriptive and long posts enough. I certainly enjoy reading the few fine well-written articles found in each subforum.

There's a lot of good reviews in the main forums but they are hard to spot.
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 15
I think the only way to get a review stickied is to bring it to the attention of the mods. If a mod gets a few messages about a certain review from different members and he thinks it's decent, I would guess it will get stickied.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 15
I've been researching/listening/writing another one for 4 months now. So 2008 isnt going to be empty.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm afraid Speakerhead was referring to the fact that on the full featured reviews sub-forum there was only one review added in 2007 and in these months of 2008 no review has been added.
I wonder if it's related to some moderators or staff policy or that to have a review added to the "featured..." subforum some members have to ask for it.

Rgrds

Ah
biggrin.gif
Thats what you(I!) get for reading too fast:p

Apr 9, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #12 of 15
I've started in on a full review of the Beyerdynamic DT48. I need to give it more head time and am planning to pick up the current 25 ohm version for comparison. The DT48 is historically important and barely noticed here.

And it sounds good. Really good. Not a rock can, but K-501 aficianados should love it for an extremely natural presentation of vocals and acoustic instruments.

Details will be forthcoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back