PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser announces the MOMENTUM On-Ear headphone
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #91 of 109
I was wondering if the removable cable is also 2.5mm like the original Momentum. The one I have is driving me crazy (non-mic) at work everytime I step on the cable with the desk edge or even with my arm the sound suddenly stop. 

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #93 of 109
We got these in today, and I have to say I was a bit disappointed by their sound. The fit and finish is amazing though, so I may get them anyway...

The sound is dark and I'd say very old school Sennheiser: sligthly veiled and dark. They are much bassier than the original momentum, to my surprise. The mids are a bit subdued, making them sound v-shaped.

I think they're very good for 229$ though, I'd take them over anything on the market for their looks and build, and sound is above average in that price bracket. They're a fun sounding headphone and the bass is not messy. I'd say it's good for electronica, rock and other more upbeat genres.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #94 of 109
i need a portable headphone for work, hows the bass on these? im thinking of buying these since i don't really wanna rebuy IEMs. 

does it have the typical entry level sennheiser bass roll-off? or the models that start to distort in the bass pretty easily

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #95 of 109
i need a portable headphone for work, hows the bass on these? im thinking of buying these since i don't really wanna rebuy IEMs. 

does it have the typical entry level sennheiser bass roll-off? or the models that start to distort in the bass pretty easily

The bass is pretty tight, there's just a lot of quantity and I eq'ed it a bit down (havent eq'd a headphone in years, but the results are good in this case).

I just finished work and decided to pick up my own pair. I'd demo before buying it.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #96 of 109
I've had these for a couple of days and think they sound good for their small size. I found their overall sound is fairly well balanced and neutral, although slightly veiled. Bass is decent but doesn't extend that well into the sub-bass region, which is a shame. Bass distortion was evident when auditioning a reggae track called "Stone Majesty - Mother Earth (Earth Riddim)". I also found they struggle for power and volume when un-amped and connected directly to my Galaxy S3. Furthermore, they don't provide the best isolation and leak at high volume, but they're one of the most comfortable on-ear type headphone I've tried.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #97 of 109
Got two momentums this week!

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #98 of 109
these are indeed quite bassy.
For accoustic music it's too much. Even for some electronic music it's too much for me.
With bass settings -4db or -6db on the fiio e17 it's fine though.

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #99 of 109
Quote:
Got two momentums this week!

Thanks for the detailed photo.  Is the blue as dark as it appears in this particular pic?  If so, it looks as though someone put the Amperior's cobalt blue through the Inoffensitron so that people could actually wear it in public without feeling shiny.

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #100 of 109
Listened to the Momentum on ears earlier today, spent alot of time with them along side the original momentums and the ESW9.
Definitely more bass and bloated at that, more aggressive treble and the mids thin. It's like they took the momentums and uped the ante. Not sure if they took the right direction though.
Comfort wise it's very comfortable and not an issue though with my small ears, the original momentums fit me better.

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #101 of 109
Aug 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #102 of 109
Quote:
Thanks for the detailed photo.  Is the blue as dark as it appears in this particular pic?  If so, it looks as though someone put the Amperior's cobalt blue through the Inoffensitron so that people could actually wear it in public without feeling shiny.

Sorry, I got an on ear and a regular momentum. Those blue ones are a limited edition regular momentum.

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #104 of 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back