PRESS RELEASE: KEF Launches M Series Hi-Fidelity Headphones
Apr 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #31 of 72
Quote:
I have a set of dual dynamic headphones in my cupboard - the old Akg playbacks. That was a pointless gimmick. Both drivers are sharing the same jobs, enclosure front and back. That's not what I find impressive. This was the first time I have seen a dual dynamic iem, with the "tweeter" enclosure creating a kind of acoustic transformer for the "woofer". If you know of another, let me know the model.

Here let me google that for you

https://www.google.ca/search?q=dual+dynamic+driver+earphones&client=firefox-a&hs=HCd&hl=en&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FfJ-UdvxHcWsywGL2oHQDA&ved=0CIoBELAE&biw=1366&bih=611#imgrc=_

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #32 of 72

From what I can see, the R1 has two separate chambers, and two separate half of the nozzle, so is not the same thing. I don't know why you're trying to be such a smartarse, the M200 dresign does appear to a be a new design, unless you can show me something similar, you seem to be disagreeing just for the enjoyment of derailing the thread.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #33 of 72

From what I can see, the R1 has two separate chambers, and two separate half of the nozzle, so is not the same thing. I don't know why you're trying to be such a smartarse, the M200 dresign does appear to a be a new design, unless you can show me something similar, you seem to be disagreeing just for the enjoyment of derailing the thread.

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #34 of 72
Quote:

If you cannot find on that page several dual driver earphones and at least two with the same design as the M200, you are quite simply beyond help.

You posted that you knew of no dual dynamic earphones. Several responses pointed out that there are in fact a myriad of earphones with that design. Yet you stubbornly insist on being deliberately argumentative, and maintaining this contrarian posture.

Transference of your own intent here is of very little avail.

Good luck with that. I have better things to do than attempt to educate a mule.

Adios!

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #37 of 72
I just sold my P5's because I didn't like the way they felt against my ears. So not for everybody.

May 1, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #39 of 72
Oh c'mon, they're not that bad
cool.gif

May 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #40 of 72
Quote:
First the B&W P5, then the Martin Logan Mikros and now the KEF headphones; all with the same style of earpad cushion? What's with the speaker companies' similar decisions?

So far only PSB got it right for sound, B&W got it right for build and looks and Martin Logan failed in all aspects. Anxious to hear these KEF's... 
redface.gif

Have you heard them? Doesn't seem like it...

May 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #41 of 72
Have you heard them? Doesn't seem like it...

Yes, I sell both the Mikros in-ear and on-ear at the store I work at, and personally prefer the in ear which sounds more linear. I could not stand the Mikros headphones; the focal, psb, b&w outperform it.

The headphone feels more comfortable worn left on right and vice cersa and the cable/connector is mediocre

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #42 of 72
Quote:
Yes, I sell both the Mikros in-ear and on-ear at the store I work at, and personally prefer the in ear which sounds more linear. I could not stand the Mikros headphones; the focal, psb, b&w outperform it.

The headphone feels more comfortable worn left on right and vice cersa and the cable/connector is mediocre

Unfortunately there is a segment of the packaged goods marketing mentality which believes in capitalizing on a brand first and using that revenue to develop the product. It's a panic strategy used when competitors are eating up market share.

Perhaps gen 2 products will be better thought out.

May 2, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #43 of 72
Quote:
Unfortunately there is a segment of the packaged goods marketing mentality which believes in capitalizing on a brand first and using that revenue to develop the product. It's a panic strategy used when competitors are eating up market share.

Perhaps gen 2 products will be better thought out.

Definitely true though I hope that doesn't apply to KEF's offerings.  The KEF name doesn't carry much weight with the average consumer, only with people more interested in sound.  It would be shooting oneself in the foot to alienate those important early (likely outspoken) adopters.

May 2, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #44 of 72
Well the way I see it, the headphones can't be worse than the Mikros headphones 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm sure KEF can do a good job with these, we'll see in time!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #45 of 72
Seems the Mikros must be the most polarizing headphone on the market at the moment. Beagle and others have proclaimed their greatness, but still others have said they're absolute trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back