PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Aug 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #211 of 353
Quote:
Friends: I've just posted my review of the B&O H6 headphone here.

BeoPlay H6 Black

Enjoy!

Wonderful review, well-written, well articulated.....one of the best I've read on Head-Fi. Bravo!

And so cool that you used "True To Life" from Avalon. That is my fave track from that album. It has a particularly slinky rhythm that is sometimes hard to get right
smile.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #212 of 353
Quote:

Wonderful review, well-written, well articulated.....one of the best I've read on Head-Fi. Bravo!

And so cool that you used "True To Life" from Avalon. That is my fave track from that album. It has a particularly slinky rhythm that is sometimes hard to get right
smile.gif

Thank you! You have excellent taste in music, my friend. If you can find Avalon on SACD for a reasonable price, buy it. It's the best SACD remaster I've ever heard. Unbelievably beautiful. Unfortunately, it's out of print and used copies sell for as much as $300!

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #213 of 353
I actually once owned the Avalon SACD.....but traded it. I still preferred my original Japanese and British vinyl copies
wink.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #214 of 353
Friends: I've just posted my review of the B&O H6 headphone here.

BeoPlay H6 Black

Enjoy!

Great review! I also went through similar experience first plugging them into the phone and some time after getting Vmoda Verza. Indeed very pleasing change in sound with this amp.

What is not less important for me is that even though H6 are over the ear, they are very compact. Not less compact than say DT 1350. Cans rotate 90 degrees and dont take too much space in my briefcase.

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #215 of 353
Quote:
Great review! I also went through similar experience first plugging them into the phone and some time after getting Vmoda Verza. Indeed very pleasing change in sound with this amp.

What is not less important for me is that even though H6 are over the ear, they are very compact. Not less compact than say DT 1350. Cans rotate 90 degrees and dont take too much space in my briefcase.

Thank you, Thalik! Amplification makes a HUGE difference with some headphones, it seems, while some headphones aren't that sensitive to amplification. The HD800 is a prime example of a headphone that is very amp-sensitive. 

Re: compactness, I agree. The fact that the H6 folds flat also makes them very comfortable when worn around the neck.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #218 of 353
These phones impress me every day. The bass is very full but as stated you need to use a good amp to get the most out of them. Mids and highs are as revealing as most any other headphone I've heard under 1000.00.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #221 of 353

There seems to be a lot of these comments. I might have to pass on these, they might be a little too bass-light for my personal taste :frowning2:

The H6's bass is very accurate and very neutral, and the tiny, weak amp of an iPhone can't make the H6's bass come alive. It still sounds very good with an iPhone, mind you, but when paired with a real headphone amp, the H6 is best-in-class, and IMO sounds better than any other $400 closed-back headphone.The imaging is just spectacular. If you own a decent amp, I highly recommend the H6.

Sep 7, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #222 of 353

Too bad the Walkman doesn't drive it well as I mentioned earlier in the  thread. I fly a lot on planes and was hoping they'd work for me but they don't, and I'm not carrying an amp (nor do i own one). I also didn't like the fact it didn't have a normal cable sans-remote. There is more to  life than an iDevice :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #224 of 353
I just picked up the H6, as the comfort on my head was one of the best. No pressure points and didn't even notice them after 10 mins which unlike others I have tried I end up getting some pressure points. I must have a funny head. I would like to get a tube amp, and I'm completely new to the headphone amp stuff. Was looking at the Little Dot mkIII. The reviews seems good for a 250 amp. Do the spec matchup for a good pairing?

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #225 of 353
Has anyone found a straightforward, good length replacement cable (without mobile attachments) and appropriate connections for home use of the H6 with an amp?
One review said there were connection problems at the earcup end when trying to use something other than the supplied B&O cable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back