PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #286 of 353

They can sound that way on a given day. They can also sound clear, open, and non-boomy . I would say they also sound best at low to moderate volume levels. For sure they will not fit everyone's listening criteria.

So sometimes you wake up and they sound good. Next day they are ungood. Tomorrow is another day, and it is a good one. But then they suck again. 

It's not the headphones fault. It's just that the day is bad-.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #287 of 353
  So sometimes you wake up and they sound good. Next day they are ungood. Tomorrow is another day, and it is a good one. But then they suck again.

It's not the headphones fault. It's just that the day is bad-.

Maybe...maybe not.

Oct 25, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #288 of 353
  Got a hands-on with the Beo H6 today, didn't warm me up. Very light build, felt cheap, plasticky. Hollow sound, no bass.

I see these no way beating, for example the AKG K550 sonically. 

Amplification makes a big difference with the H6. Plugged into a dedicated amp (like the Schiit Asgard 2), it absolutely shines. The bass is really very textured. In-store demos don't do the H6 justice.

Also, I've found that the bass opens up after a few weeks. 

Side note: I just picked up the iPhone 5S. The H6 sounds WAY better with the 5S than with my previous phone, the iPhone 4S.

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #292 of 353

Amplification makes a big difference with the H6. Plugged into a dedicated amp (like the Schiit Asgard 2), it absolutely shines. The bass is really very textured. In-store demos don't do the H6 justice.

Also, I've found that the bass opens up after a few weeks. 

Side note: I just picked up the iPhone 5S. The H6 sounds WAY better with the 5S than with my previous phone, the iPhone 4S.

I agree! 

H6 is crazy good when amped, on a good amp.

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #294 of 353
  Apple store demos are terrible.  buy it and use it at home.  the experience is totally different.

Agreed. The H6 sounded unbelievably grainy in the Apple Store.

Aside from tonal balance, which seems to be quite similar from what I read, how does the H6 compare to the AKG K550?

K550 is slightly warmer in the lower mids, H6 is a bit more delicate in the highs, otherwise quite similar. K550 has a bit of an edge in soundstage. Both are good detail wise but I haven't heard them side by side.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #295 of 353
Dec 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #297 of 353
So I was at a B&O store the other day and I was able to listen to the H6 through an iPod 5th gen w/ V-Moda VERZA dac/amp with ALAC files.  It was very clear and detailed.  The trebles and mids were very well presented but where was the bass?  Things that should have gone boom sounded like a thud.  There was no sub bass from what I could tell either.  Comfort wise, these are amongst the most comfortable headphones I've had on.  Very light weight with little clamp pressure.  I just love the looks and the build quality as well.  Just my 2 cents.
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #298 of 353
  So I was at a B&O store the other day and I was able to listen to the H6 through an iPod 5th gen w/ V-Moda VERZA dac/amp with ALAC files.  It was very clear and detailed.  The trebles and mids were very well presented but where was the bass?  Things that should have gone boom sounded like a thud.  There was no sub bass from what I could tell either.  Comfort wise, these are amongst the most comfortable headphones I've had on.  Very light weight with little clamp pressure.  I just love the looks and the build quality as well.  Just my 2 cents.
tongue.gif

Bass is all there, just tight and clean, not fat and muddy.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #300 of 353
Bass is all there, just tight and clean, not fat and muddy.

^^^ I agree. Playing my Ipod 4th Gen with ALAC files through my CEntrance Hifi M8 XL4 the H6 has a textured, very nuanced, and definitely tight bass. The sub - bass is very present as well. The H6 just doesn't have that mid bass hump that a lot of people have become accustomed to using closed portable cans. I also own the Phiaton Bridge MS500 and the VMODA M100, both of which have a fun u shape sound in comparison. Compared to my AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition the H6 has a softer bass presentation but just as detailed and linear to my ears...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back