PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Apr 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #61 of 353
Quote:
The wire can be plugged in to both sides. There is a 3,5 mm jack plug in each side so you can choose which side suits you best.

Is that a world first? I've certainly never heard of that before. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #62 of 353
Quote:

No - that has been done many times before. Beats I think has that feature too. You can "link" more headphones to eachother in a row if you want to hear the same source. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #63 of 353
Quote:

The V-MODA M-100 also has this feature.  In addition to allowing you to choose which side you want to plug your headphones into, the M-100 also allows another user to plug in their headphones into the empty jack to share music.  

It's a great feature especially if you want to quickly compare other headphones to the M-100 or if you just want to make friends.  
atsmile.gif

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #64 of 353
Quote:

It's a great feature especially if you want to quickly compare other headphones to the M-100 or if you just want to make friends.  
atsmile.gif

And now I've got images in my head of hundreds of headfiers all connected by cables getting all tangled up in some sort of weird audio orgy. 
blink.gif

So could you chain a number of beats, v-modas and B+Os? Are they all just standard 3.5mm sockets? (or a smaller universal standard?)

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #65 of 353
It is a standard 3.5 mm socket - but I think the B&O one is limited to similar very slim plugs. You will not be able to plug just any 3.5 mm cable - which is a shame. 

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #66 of 353
Thx a lot for that comment, I really cant tell if there is another socket on the left side from the picture.

Still, I feel that it is better to have separate cables on both side of the headphone. I wonder if the H6 would end up with sound quality similar to the Beats Pro. (I expect them to be better!)

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #68 of 353
Wish I never saw this thread, retro heaven for me with B&O in general. Wallet deffo shut as of now....

May 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #70 of 353
everyone seems to like the look of these. i think they are horrible

May 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #72 of 353
Had 20 minutes with the H6 yesterday.

First impression is that they are light and well built, isolation is good and comfort is excellent, definately one of the most comfortable closed headphones I have tried in recent years (and I've tried many).

Sound is typical B&O, not that exciting, quite neutral, but a little boring. Bass is not very deep and there's not much of it, treble is nice and not harsh, so overall it's a pleasant sound.

If it was half price, it would be a good deal, for the listed price it's not good enough.

May 8, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #73 of 353
Quote:
If it was half price, it would be a good deal, for the listed price it's not good enough.

And that is where they (and too many others) falls flat on it's designer ass!

Like the look but I am not even nearly surprised to hear that they don't match up to their RRP. Though my uber cool mates and many a frequent flyer will no doubt be rocking them come the summer!

Yawn!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back