presonus hd7
Mar 30, 2016 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rosy

New Head-Fier
HI
I want to buy a pair of presonus hd7 headphones.But I'd seen two different design.
I need help which one's original???

Now I can't send photos but you can see the one in presonus website & the one has a blue ring on its pad.
I need a budget headphone for mixing vocal.

please help me!!!!!

Mar 30, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 4
  HI
I want to buy a pair of presonus hd7 headphones.But I'd seen two different design.
I need help which one's original???

Now I can't send photos but you can see the one in presonus website & the one has a blue ring on its pad.
I need a budget headphone for mixing vocal.

please help me!!!!!

The Presonus website might be pre production or something. All other places show the blue ring. These are suppose to be the same as Superlux HD 681 they have a red ring but look just the same. If you get them from Amazon or Sweetwater or Musicians Friend I'm sure your getting the real deal. Hope that helps.

Aug 19, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I prefer the original 'Blue Ring' Superlux clone from 2012. Not the new version with thicker pads and no blue ring.

I got a used pair this month 2022 and they sound just as good as I recall. Back then identical to burgundy ring 681B originals from 2012 in sound. Interchangeable.

Among the best sounding cheap headphones from that era - KSC-75, Takstar Pro 80, CAL! Aurvana, JVC/Victor HA-S500B - these are the ones with best soundstage and low level detail. Best cheap 'audiophile' headphones open ear.

To do much better you have to spend $350+ and get the Senn HD 600 or similar.

If your budget in EU or NA is under $80 these are the best audiophile cans for non-bassheads. Tonnes of detail, soundstage, harmonic richness. Audiophile headphones on a budget.

Not as much of a bargain as back in 2012 if bought in China - 12 to 18 USD or EUR then with 1 EUR shipping - but still cheap compared to 2022 prices.

To do better requires a big leap in money spent.

Used $25 on resale sites.

Thomannmusic still carries some of these old 2012 headphones, but shipping to NA adds $35.

A classic and great starter set if money is tight. Pair with a 79 amp/dac and for 100 USD/EUR you have an excellent beginner setup for little money.

To do much better requires spending 10x with $350 for headphones and $500+ on amp/dac.

If you find a used pair, grab em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back