presenting... the ultra-ugly grado headband mod
Jun 18, 2007 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

balou

500+ Head-Fier
My Grado headband got ripped off in an accident... and because I wanted a more comfortable substitute NOW, I made one of items I had close at hand. A search in the basement lead to the discovery of some foam pieces, and a roll of red electrical tape (I've run out of black...)
So.... here's what came out. I literally spent MINUTES of my valuable life building this
tongue.gif

grado-mod.jpg

Ain't it beautiful?
wink.gif

I think with black electrical tape, it would actually look somewhat ok-ish. At least now nobody is going to steal such ugly headphones (I'm going abroad next week... that's the reason why I needed a quick fix. my cmoy also needs some attention, some cable is coming loose)

Jun 18, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 13
Gotta love ghetto mods
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 13
cost-intensive computer based image manipulation seems to imply that black tape would indeed look better

grado-mod2.jpg

Ok, now a bit more serious: the enjoyment factor, and with this the perceived sound quality did indeed change for the better (especially because I just had the blank metal and not even the vinyl strip before). I will definitely make a better headband. or my aunt who is a tailor.. gotta love relatives
biggrin.gif
at least she has the sewing machine needed for sewing leather + cardboard

Jun 18, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 13
Jun 18, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 13
I think pink would look good too

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 13
For a more luxurious version of the same, I used a similar amount of foam, wrapped up in black cloth hockey tape. As a Canadian, I am legally required to keep hockey tape on hand at all times.

No animals were harmed in the making of my headband.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #12 of 13
damn i like the foam (not sure if those are bowls or comfies) on your grados man.. makes them look more sexy rather than old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back