Presenting the TOPPING D90 III Sabre Fully-Balanced HIFI DAC - Now Available on Apos Audio
Dec 21, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 29
It's a D90.
If they make it look completely different by adding screens or using a different form factor, it would not resemble any of the prior x90 product's.
If it had been a brand new line of product I agree, but since they have chosen to make it part of the 90 family, I think they did right in making it look like the previous ones.
Removing MQA and using a newer BT version would have been great though.
I would say I agree no point of D90 looking like D70... instead 90 series follows previous designs with some upgrades and offers pinnacle of company performance that can be achieved in DAC.

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #18 of 29
It's a D90.
If they make it look completely different by adding screens or using a different form factor, it would not resemble any of the prior x90 product's.
If it had been a brand new line of product I agree, but since they have chosen to make it part of the 90 family, I think they did right in making it look like the previous ones.
Removing MQA and using a newer BT version would have been great though.
Wondering then, why wasn't the same logic applied to the D70 line, since the new D70 doesn't resemble anything like the old one. I am not getting it either to why is it ok for the flagship unit to look worst than pretty much all of the lower tier units in Topping's DAC lineups.

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #19 of 29
Wondering then, why wasn't the same logic applied to the D70 line, since the new D70 doesn't resemble anything like the old one. I am not getting it either to why is it ok for the flagship unit to look worst than pretty much all of the lower tier units in Topping's DAC lineups.
Good point. Maybe the newer D70's are considered a new "generation" by Topping, and this warrants significant changes in the look?

Dec 22, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #20 of 29
Whew this pushes the THD from the D90 SE/LE .00005% to the new D90 III .000045%, SNR from 134% to 135%, achieved by using two 9038's instead of one. Exciting times :)

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #26 of 29
Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #29 of 29
Does the D90 III with XMOS XU316 and ES9039SPRO allow internal volume control by OS when connected via USB?

(Example: Would I be able to control its volume internally in macOS/OS X with my Apple keyboard shortcuts? I think this is called USB HID volume control.)

AFAIK the D90LE could do this, but it had a different USB and DAC chip (XMOS XU216 and ES9038PRO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back