Prepared for even the, let's say, Zombie Apocalypse. Hmmmm ?
May 18, 2011 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Hi-Finthen

Self-confessed freak
U.S. C.D.C. wants you to "Be Prepared" ...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/

Maybe, May 21st ... So ya still have time ...

/ Got me some leftover duct tape , just in case :wink:

// End of the World party at my place ... BYO +1

-Discuss

May 18, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 32
Typical CDC.

AK, AR, ten mags and 2000 rounds of non-corrosive should have been the list starter. Not even a Gil Hibben fantasy sword nod? C'mon.

Party at  your house. The FL home, right?

May 18, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 32
No not here, far to many creepy peeps already just with a full moon ;  I'm headed to my home up in the hills of South County R.I. on 4 acres to make my stand , which has a much better sound system for the play list to scare the b'jebus outa zombies , or maybe it'll cure 'em... Geeks allowed  :wink:

Medeski , Martin & Wood's "End of The World Party (Just in Case)" kicks off the party at dusk -

May 18, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #5 of 32
Geeks allowed? Ok, I'm in.

As long as there are no dorks; i.e., those who think their Newegg gaming builds should gain them admittance to MIT. Dorks will get you killed in a SHTF scenario.

I can bring ammo and Andygator.

4 acres is good size to defend. Some para-cord around the necks of those empty Andygator bottles make a nice, MacGyvered perimeter defense system.

May 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 32

Quote:
Geeks allowed? Ok, I'm in.

As long as there are no dorks; i.e., those who think their Newegg gaming builds should gain them admittance to MIT. Dorks will get you killed in a SHTF scenario.

I can bring ammo and Andygator.

4 acres is good size to defend. Some para-cord around the necks of those empty Andygator bottles make a nice, MacGyvered perimeter defense system.

Cool beans, MacDyver reruns from my VCR collection , no sound of course , LOUD music mandatory (just like in Operation Noriagia in Pannama) !!!

Maybe a Dork or two could be used as, you know, a diversion to feed a particularly nasty zombie while we brainstorm ...

May 19, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 32
Cool beans and dehydrated apricots, too, brother Finthen.

I LOVE the sacrificial dork idea. We can send a few out with fantasy swords, katanas, light sabers - whatever goof weapon of their choice, and let 'em scream in Na'vi, Klingon, or Wookiee  while they're chewed to death. It's when we can make a break if things breakdown.

I'm for bugging in rather than bugging out, though. I like being comfy.

May 19, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 32
Well at least you and I will be prepared for the worst then...

I can't hardly believe others aren't taking this warning by the CDC and fox news for this weekends Apocalypse seriously .

Obviously its not motivated by politics as the primaries and midterms are pretty far off yet, really
popcorn.gif

What really has me suspiciously concerned is the fact that The Enquirer rag at the grocer checkout is mum on all of this; Obviously a cover-up on going , ya think ~

May 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 32
Fox is credible,  you and I know as intelligent people know that, sure, but if only Huffpro would get a hold of it maybe more would listen.

Screw it, you and I will be left to repopulate the world. Perhaps we can do it without pundits.
wink.gif

May 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 32
Haven't heard crap from Beck 'bout all of this either ; Surely he "Has Questions" ???

Bit shakey 'bout the part where you and I got to, ya know, repopulate America and such
ph34r.gif

'Spose my conversion van (read: Chick Magnet ) will come in use before we all hole-up
devil_face.gif

May 19, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 32
Thanks for the laugh my friend. Unfortunately guns aren't allowed in Canada so i am screwed. Nice knowing you all.

May 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #15 of 32
The Big question is : Do I make my bed after tonight ???

O.K. , so maybe I'm reaching for some kind of good ( silver lining ) to come of this END, just in case ~

Oh Pleease, don't let it all end ; I'll be good ; No more thread trolling , promised ;

* I'll even give my gear in my signature away if we're SAVED !!!

* Gear giveaway subject to give-away drawing rules in the state of Nevada , date of drawing 2012 April 1  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back