Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Jul 21, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #1,036 of 3,662
@Precogvision, according to what you described, an iem with smaller soundstage will sound "clearer" than the one with bigger, more opened soundstage, assuming that they have the same detail score and tuning choice, is it so? Because that's the case of the iSine 20 and Moondrop S8.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #1,037 of 3,662
@Precogvision, according to what you described, an iem with smaller soundstage will sound "clearer" than the one with bigger, more opened soundstage, assuming that they have the same detail score and tuning choice, is it so? Because that's the case of the iSine 20 and Moondrop S8.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you can draw conclusions like that. I was mostly speaking within the context of the Andromeda 2020 vs. S8 and most IEMs. The iSine is an open-back planar, though, so it has the best of both worlds.

Using the rankings, you can look at the imaging score, which encompasses staging/layering/localization. The iSine's rated higher than the S8 for imaging (9 vs. 7). What you can interpret from their respective scoring, then, is that 1) they're about par for detail, and 2) the iSine sounds more open. That said, please don't read into the scores too much!

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #1,038 of 3,662
Hmm, I'm not sure if you can draw conclusions like that. I was mostly speaking within the context of the Andromeda 2020 vs. S8 and most IEMs. The iSine is an open-back planar, though, so it has the best of both worlds.

Using the rankings, you can look at the imaging score, which encompasses staging/layering/localization. The iSine's rated higher than the S8 for imaging (9 vs. 7). What you can interpret from their respective scoring, then, is that 1) they're about par for detail, and 2) the iSine sounds more open. That said, please don't read into the scores too much!
That's great to hear. I tend to give credit too much for things that describe intangibles stuff, so that's on me.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #1,039 of 3,662
Now that you mention iSine and LCD-i4, do you have any plan to review their latest planar offering (Audeze Euclid?)

Impressions of it in the internet is a bit scarce, and I want to know whether this can compete with other planar IEM in term of details and dynamics (imaging maybe not since it is closed back)

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #1,040 of 3,662
Now that you mention iSine and LCD-i4, do you have any plan to review their latest planar offering (Audeze Euclid?)

Impressions of it in the internet is a bit scarce, and I want to know whether this can compete with other planar IEM in term of details and dynamics (imaging maybe not since it is closed back)
Considering how mediocre Audeze's iems' dynamic are, I don't think you should hold high hope for that one.

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #1,041 of 3,662

It's not on the radar right now, sorry!

Mainly interesting in hearing a budget meme called the HZ Heart Mirror right now. Also might try and stop by the Sennheiser store this weekend to finally hear the IE900. I want to give HE1 another listen while I'm at it.

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #1,042 of 3,662

Mainly interesting in hearing a budget meme called the HZ Heart Mirror right now. Also might try and stop by the Sennheiser store this weekend to finally hear the IE900. I want to give HE1 another listen while I'm at it.

HZSound Heart Mirror is a neutralish bright budget single DD. Accessories and looks are very nice.
It has quite good timbral accuracy and technicalities for a budget single DD. Note weight on thinner side, linear bass (some will find it too bass lite). It is good for vocals due to the tuning, but may not be that all rounder cause of the lower bass quantities. Soundstage is a weakness, but what I like is that it brings a forward vocals without going much into shouty territory, a very fine line to balance. It needs amping though, sounds very meh from a low powered source but scales a lot with amping.

I daresay the Heart Mirror can hit about 60 - 70%ish sound of the Final Audio A8000, but A8000 has better technicalities (but is way more expensive of course).

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #1,043 of 3,662

It's okay. The hz heart mirror is pretty hyped here also (similar to blon bl30 last year). Let's see what's your take 🤭

IE900, i will also wait for that, I have been looking a 1DD IEM to upgrade from Oxygen, which I dont think i found one yet (tech upgrade without drawback in tonality like in Dunu Luna)

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #1,044 of 3,662
The Heart Mirror doesn't deserve the hype like the BL-03 did, imo, and I am a fan of treble. I have a review of it with my thoughts on the matter, for those who care to read it.

Jul 22, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #1,047 of 3,662
According to Precog that is, since IE900 is quite different to U12t tonality wise :D
No big issues for me, apart from mids being too relaxed / pushed back in the mix and treble too energetic for my taste.

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #1,049 of 3,662

Maybe Xelento or Turii?

I've heard Xelento, it's good but, too V-Shape for me.
Turii I dunno, i presume it is Softears right? Probably I'll be able to try one in the future.

FWIW, the closest thing I'd call as an upgrade to Oxygen is Acoustune 1695ti (pretty significant tech upgrade especially in detail and imaging, tonality is also decent as an all-rounder)

Too bad at that time i cant buy it, now it is gone 😔

Jul 22, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,050 of 3,662

I've heard Xelento, it's good but, too V-Shape for me.
Turii I dunno, i presume it is Softears right? Probably I'll be able to try one in the future.

FWIW, the closest thing I'd call as an upgrade to Oxygen is Acoustune 1695ti (pretty significant tech upgrade especially in detail and imaging, tonality is also decent as an all-rounder)

Too bad at that time i cant buy it, now it is gone 😔
graph (81).png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back