Pre-order the new Cayin RU6 today!
Nov 17, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #18 of 60
can work fine with iPhone and or better than W2?😅

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #20 of 60
This silly hobby has really warped my reality when I keep buying these small nicknacks (dongles) for 150-300 a piece like it's nothing :sweat_smile:

Nov 17, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #21 of 60
Is it really a lightning cable??
On MusicTeck website the picture shows a cable connecting the DAC to a MacBookPro which does not have a lightning port + the cable has a USB logo.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0888/2348/products/lighteningcable_1024x1024.jpg?v=1637167197
Looks like a USB-C to USB-C cable to me.
I'm sure the USBC to USBC cable in that photo is included in all packages while the lightning cable is simply additional for folks who need it. Simple mistake with the marketing.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #22 of 60
Is it really a lightning cable??
On MusicTeck website the picture shows a cable connecting the DAC to a MacBookPro which does not have a lightning port + the cable has a USB logo.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0888/2348/products/lighteningcable_1024x1024.jpg?v=1637167197
Looks like a USB-C to USB-C cable to me.

Yes, I see what you mean. Since there is a lightning cable that is supposed to be available, I imagine the picture on MusicTeck’s site was incorrectly placed. Easy to find out by contacting Andrew at MusicTeck.

Nov 17, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #23 of 60
Any internal pics?

Nov 17, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #24 of 60
Any internal pics?

I hope it will be shared soon in official RU6 thread. If I'm not mistaken, Andy @Andykong is putting together all the info to be shared soon. And I think it was mentioned that it is based on discrete R-2R resistor ladder design of R01 dac/amp board.

Here are some of the answers to other questions posted in the thread.

Regarding the spec, have no idea, but I don't expect it to have output power of R01. This is dongle, it will drain your smartphone battery in no time if output power that high.

EMI/RFI, the same as what you would expect using S1/S2 and W1/W2. Again, it's a small dongle attached to your smartphone, not enough room for a massive shielding. So, it will be intermittent just like with Lotoo and L&P dongles and will depend on your phone and its connection as well as your headphone cable that turns into antenna that picks up noise.

Current draw is on par with W2 which is about 20-30mA higher than S1/S2.

The size is a little bit bigger than S1/S2, but not by much.

You have volume control +/- and Mode fn button to Enter settings. In Settings, you can change Gain (H/L), change filter (Oversampling or NOS), and backlight for screen timeout or to keep it on.

And when I say "mini R01", mean a sound quality, first impressions are quite positive. I just borrowed a demo unit from Musicteck, didn't have much time with it yet, but at some point will share more impressions and will work on a review when I get a sample.

It comes with a neat usb-c to usb-a adapter so you can use it as USB DAC with your laptop, and USB-C to USB-C OTG short cable. Lightning cable is optional and similar to those included with Lotoo or L&P dongles, it's USB-C to Lightning connector OTG short cable so you can connect RU6 to your iPhone. No camera kits or any adapters needed.

Here are some pictures.

cayin-ru6-x01.jpgcayin-ru6-x03.jpgcayin-ru6-x04.jpgcayin-ru6-x05.jpgcayin-ru6-x06.jpgcayin-ru6-x07.jpgcayin-ru6-x08.jpgcayin-ru6-x09.jpg

Nov 18, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #25 of 60
I hope it will be shared soon in official RU6 thread. If I'm not mistaken, Andy @Andykong is putting together all the info to be shared soon. And I think it was mentioned that it is based on discrete R-2R resistor ladder design of R01 dac/amp board.

Here are some of the answers to other questions posted in the thread.

Regarding the spec, have no idea, but I don't expect it to have output power of R01. This is dongle, it will drain your smartphone battery in no time if output power that high.

EMI/RFI, the same as what you would expect using S1/S2 and W1/W2. Again, it's a small dongle attached to your smartphone, not enough room for a massive shielding. So, it will be intermittent just like with Lotoo and L&P dongles and will depend on your phone and its connection as well as your headphone cable that turns into antenna that picks up noise.

Current draw is on par with W2 which is about 20-30mA higher than S1/S2.

The size is a little bit bigger than S1/S2, but not by much.

You have volume control +/- and Mode fn button to Enter settings. In Settings, you can change Gain (H/L), change filter (Oversampling or NOS), and backlight for screen timeout or to keep it on.

And when I say "mini R01", mean a sound quality, first impressions are quite positive. I just borrowed a demo unit from Musicteck, didn't have much time with it yet, but at some point will share more impressions and will work on a review when I get a sample.

It comes with a neat usb-c to usb-a adapter so you can use it as USB DAC with your laptop, and USB-C to USB-C OTG short cable. Lightning cable is optional and similar to those included with Lotoo or L&P dongles, it's USB-C to Lightning connector OTG short cable so you can connect RU6 to your iPhone. No camera kits or any adapters needed.

Here are some pictures.

cayin-ru6-x01.jpgcayin-ru6-x03.jpgcayin-ru6-x04.jpgcayin-ru6-x05.jpgcayin-ru6-x06.jpgcayin-ru6-x07.jpgcayin-ru6-x08.jpgcayin-ru6-x09.jpg
Impressions asap please. Jeez that is a sexy dongle.

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #28 of 60
Out of stock or existing/all pre orders cancelled ? I saw on a Chinese forum expected release in 2021 crossed out and 2022 written in red instead... So maybe that's the proble

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #29 of 60
Nov 18, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #30 of 60
I suspect that the RU6 was delayed by Cayin or that MusicTeck was not yet allowed to sell it.
The lightning cable has also disappeared from the website.
If it was sold out you would still have the page with a "sold out" icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back