Practical Devices XM6 (Overview and First Impressions) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 002
Apr 2, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 51
Sounds like a great bit of kit.  I am especially fond of the built in media controller.  Seems like a sweet spot of a portable amp. - ALR-

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #17 of 51
Hey Jude! Looking good! :) 

I like how you just keep on rambling on without an edit or a cut inbetween. That's some serious stream-of-conscious talking skill there. Not that many "uhh"'s in there either. Good job! Can't wait to see you evolve into a venerable talkshow host. :)

The XM6 looks like a good alround solution for someone needing a portable amp/dac but it's questionable if you can't find better solution in that price segment. $470 (with upgrades) gets you quite some interesting amp/dac combos. They don't give you the flashlight though. That alone is worth an extra $100 right? RIGHT!?

Which microphone are you guys using? Could it be a Zoom product? Also (sorry for nitpicking, I work as a video artdirector) you could dramatically increase the look of the video with some slight colour-grading and a better composition. Now the video looks too tungsten to me and the composition cluttered. Again, this is just me nitpicking. Disregard anything I say. :) Anyhoo...

Great video! :)

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #19 of 51
I have been searching on youtube for somthing like this, but to no success and then pops up your first episode!

great stuff can,t wait to see you reveiwing some desktop amps...... maybe the ''csp2+''?
normal_smile%20.gif

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #20 of 51
Love my XM6. Though, if you don't particularly desire a Wolfson DAC, I think an XM5 is better for the budget.

XM6 is also pretty awesome as an external soundcard for PCs, though it runs kinda warm for me (though I haven't had any actual issues with it yet).

Sometimes my foobar playback skips a bit though, dunno if that's the fault of the XM6's DAC, of the harddrive I'm reading the music off of, or of my foobar settings.

-- Griffinhart

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #23 of 51
Apr 5, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #27 of 51
 I was trying to add the XM6 tag to this thread but apparently it's not in there. Also, all the Practical Devices products are mispelled "pratical".

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #28 of 51

Quote:
 I was trying to add the XM6 tag to this thread but apparently it's not in there. Also, all the Practical Devices products are mispelled "pratical".

Yeah I have the same situation with DecWare ZH1, I think We hav eto go and do it Ourselve's!

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #30 of 51
XM6 is insanely feature pack, maybe even too feature packed that it might confuse the user. Definitely like some of the features though, must say. Yeah early days yet on this vlog, needs editing Jude! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back