PPA Pics
Sep 11, 2004 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
DSC01047a.jpg

DSC01049a.jpg

This project has turned out better than I could have imagined. It still needs a little work. The crossfeed circuit is built but not wired. I will be installing Glassman's diamond buffers when the next batch is available. I might put in a glass or lexan top... possibly change the screws on the Neutrik jack.... STEPS power?.... silver wiring... here we go again
600smile.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 20
awesome looking, it's a lot of fun isn't it ?
580smile.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 20
Looks great, and yes lets see more pics.

Sep 11, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 20
DSC01051a.jpg

The image is distorted because I took the pic through my magnified lamp...
DSC01056a.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I was certainly inspired by fellow Head-Fi'ers. I love seeing project pics.

Sep 11, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 20
AWESOME job! Just straighten those two philips screws up on the headphone socket and that will be absolutely 100% spot on and droolably delicious. Best I have seen for ages........ nice one.

Just out of interest, am I correct in assuming the caps are Panasonic FC's?

Sep 11, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #9 of 20
I love those heatsinks, more info on them please. I could use some on my buffers.

Sep 11, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmose
I love those heatsinks, more info on them please. I could use some on my buffers.

they look like these radishack ones Heatsink

I have them myself but they don't do much for me
frown.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
AWESOME job! Just straighten those two philips screws up on the headphone socket ...

Werd, just use some hex screws, they look a lot better. Also where's the bass boost?!?!?
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif
Love those switches and the faceplate.

Don't forget the stepped attenuator in your to upgrade list, it makes quite a notable difference in the clarity.

Sep 11, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Just out of interest, am I correct in assuming the caps are Panasonic FC's?

Yes, just like the ones I used in my XCanV2 cap upgrade as shown on your site (http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/capscomplete.htm). I think my XCanV2 has been jealous lately
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmose

As zbuddah noted, they are from Radio Shack. They are temporary. They are not even fastened down but the buffers do get really hot so they will work for the time being until I put in some Glassman Diamond Buffers. See this thread (http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...tering+buffers) for my previous heatsinks
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Werd, just use some hex screws, they look a lot better. Also where's the bass boost?!?!? Love those switches and the faceplate.

Don't forget the stepped attenuator in your to upgrade list, it makes quite a notable difference in the clarity.

I might add bass boost in the future. I have been looking at stepped attenuators since I place the order for the faceplate. I started having second thoughts about my case choice. Maybe I should have gone with a parmetals case. That way I could fit in a STEPS ps and a stepped attenuator. Of course I had already ordered the faceplate for the Hammond case. I can still make a STEPS ps in an additional matching Hammond case but I don't think I could fit a Stepped attenuator in my current Hammond case. Perhaps they make a longer one that I could use the same faceplate with and have room for a SA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back