"PPA" or "Chiarra" ??
Jun 14, 2003 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

london luke

100+ Head-Fier
Want it to be a fantastic quality amp!!! Its will be my first and I hope my last....

The chiarra I like for its ease of buying... Pay and get. The PPA sounds like hard work just to get it all together???

but which looks the best for quality????

Anyone else thinking the same??

Cheers

luke

Jun 15, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 9
The PPAs!!!
wink.gif

By the time it is out. You can get DIYers to build one for you.

Jun 15, 2003 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 9
I love my chiara but I don't own any recognized amp to compare it against so I can't tell you it will be better or worse than a PPA. I would wait for a few people to build the PPA and also best to wait out the normal hype that happens. It seems when things get hyped it is hard to disagree with the hyped product (don't want to feel left out). If you do build a PPA a London head-fi meet would be great (some where with a power supply) as then Chiara and PPA can be compared. Whatever you buy Luke I am sure you will enjoy it.

Wordsworth

Jun 15, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 9
I feel another few more version change then the official one will launch. Hopefully before Christmas...
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2003 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 9
Well I think many on this board will be looking forward to its release and hopefully some well balanced reviews. Hopefully someone in the UK will buy or build one so I can hear how good it is
biggrin.gif

Wordsworth

Jun 15, 2003 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 9
Well if anyone wants to get involded here in the UK. I might fund the kit. Just want a good builder to get it running and some help to source the parts.

Still tempted by the Chiarra!!!

Jun 15, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 9
Jan 3, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 9
anyone have information now?

Jan 16, 2004 at 12:02 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by pirate
anyone have information now?

I also can't compare to the PPA only to the META42 so make of this what you will.

My Chiarra is not yet burned in, hasn't been tweaked in any way and the op amp is faulty. And I love it already. It sounds so much better than a META. What impresses me the most is the sound-stage. Wide.
cool.gif

Recommended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back