Powering Aiwa XP-7 CD player
Aug 16, 2010 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

notaris

Head-Fier
I was wondering, does anyone know anything about powering the Aiwa XP-7 CD player? I got the player on ebay, and I cannot use it. To become more specific: 
1. It appears that the player uses a 9V special adaptor, and the best choice seems to be the supplied one, which I don't have at this point. Can I use any other 9V adaptor?
2. The biggest mystery is that on the back of the player it is written "DC-3V (BATT1.5Vx2)IEC.JIS LR6", while in the battery compartment it is written "SET THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY AS LAID IN"(?) So, can I use 2 LR6 batteries or not? They don't seem to fit in the battery compartment. I am really puzzled.  

Any ideas? 

Many thanks.

Sotiris Notaris

Aug 16, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 4
Many thanks Nagasaki_Kid for the quick reply.

Does the "external" battery compartment for the 2x AA batteries fit in the existing battery compartment of the player or is it really external and it is therefore attached to the player?

Any ideas where I can find such an external battery compartment? Furthermore, what kind of rechargeable batteries does the player take?

I am asking all this because I don't have a manual for this player. Do you maybe have one?

Many thanks.

Sotiris Notaris

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 4
Just dug out my old XP-7 today and was looking for reviews etc. when I saw your post.  So, if you still need the info :

Power supply is 9V 800mA DC (centre pin +)  My original was 240V, so model no. may not help you, it was AC-A98K

Rechargeable is AIWA PB-50 : DC 4V 600mAh (nominal) Sealed Lead-Acid Battery

As other reply says, ordinary 2xAA in special holder.

Pin alignment : Down from your "Set..." label are three contacts, going from the left to right :

- Leftmost (central in compartment) is common -ve for both types ;

- Middle is +ve for rechargeable;

- Right (extreme right) is +ve on special AA pack.

Hope this helps, I could send or post images if I knew how to do it on this forum (I just joined to reply)

Good luck, it's a great player - 25 years old and still sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back