Powered Monitors to Receiver
Sep 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

leebSaMmY

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

So I have a pair of m-audio bx8a deluxe monitors in my apartment hooked up to my laptop right now. I'm using xlr - rca cables to hook them up to my external sound card and they sound amazing! I recently purchased a new 42" lcd to use as a monitor and to watch tv/play ps3 on. i'm thinking of buying a receiver and plugging the bx8as into it so i could use them for everything. I wanted to know if this is possible. I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject so excuse my ignorance. I know that they are self powered and that may present an issue since most receiver outputs are powered. Its my understanding that i could hook them up to pre-outs and they would work. However, not all of the receivers i've looked at have pre-outs. I'm trying not to spend too much money and have been looking at the yamaha rx-v367 and 467. i was wondering if anyone could help me by confirming the monitors would work with these. Also i'm open to any other ideas. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Sam

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Any receiver with preamp outputs will work. Speaker only outputs will not work. Do you also need the built in DAC, video switching, etc? If all you want is a volume control that can switch analog audio sources, any conventional stereo preamp will do that job.

Sep 6, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks yeah ill have to look into that then.. and also if anyone has any particular receiver recommendations I'm more then open for them. or to even gain any knowledge about them. thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back