Poweramp1 from Meier, how do you hook up K1000's or speakers to them
Dec 11, 2004 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kunwar

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys
i posted this in another forum but no replies so posting here, just wondering if someone could enlighten me on this one.

Thanks
Kunwar

Dec 11, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 4
they're monobloc and use speak-on for the loudspeaker out (a special connector from Neutrik), you'll need a special adapter. Probably custom made.

Dec 11, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Dear Kunwar,

The POWERAMP-1 comes with neutrik connectors which allow you to connect the extension cable that comes with the K1000.

However, be aware that the various models PREHEAD or Eartube are also very well capable of driving the K1000. Especially the PREHEAD MkII (which has soft discrete tone controls) is a fine choice IMHO. Also the RKV MkII works very fine with the K1000.

Cheers,

Jan

Dec 12, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 4
thanks for the prompt replies guys.
I have gopt a pair of Dali's coming in soon for usage when I want to use a speaker and not headphones. i.e. with friends around. SO I am looking at some nice poweramps.
I intend to use the DAC1 as a pre-amp failing which the Mad Ear+ in my possession does a gr8 job of preamping.

Jan: Thank you for the advice Jan, I will keep the Prehead in mind. Seeing that I already have 3-4 capable headphone amps, the poweramps would be a nice addition.
I will have to start saving up for these babies.

EDIT found them, interesting so I should be able to build my own cables for this one.Hmmm...cable search starts for speaker cable.
Kunwar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back