Power supply upgrade for Mytek brooklyn +
Jan 4, 2021 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

madijay

New Head-Fier
Wondering if anyone has had good results with power supply upgrades for a Mytek Brooklyn + Dac/headphone amp?

I recenty got an Sbooster BOTW power supply for my Lumin D2 in my 2 channel speaker system and I am a convert to power supply investment now. Hallelujah! I wish I hadn’t been skeptical so long. I’m amazed by the difference!

I am now considering an upgrade for my headphone rig (focal Utopias through a black dragon two-plug cable from the Mytek Brooklyn +). Would appreciate any advice.

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't have specific knowledge on that particular piece. But I do have a lot of experience with power supplies. A lot of fidelity in audio is about the power supply. Notice many high end components are two box components... one dedicated to power supply. Virtually every time I upgraded the power supply it was worth it. My last time about ten years ago when I upgraded the power supply on my $9,000 DAC with a $9,000 separate extra box power supply. Definitely worth it... that says something about power supplies when doubling the cost of the component and only adding a separate power supply.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back