power protection
Nov 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ishmael

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for suggestions on what type of power protection device to use. I prefer the strip format instead of the full size component style. I am mostly concerned with protection rather than filtering or regeneration. I don’t care about having nanocrystals or whatever ps audio claims to use. I just want my gear t last if a surge or other weird event happaens. Any suggestions? I was looking at the furman pst 8 or something similar.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 4
I highly recommend you Google "Zerosurge" a device that does not self destruct.

http://www.zerosurge.com/residential/residential-products/

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 4
I've used a Brickwall PW8RAUD for years and am quite happy with it.

EDIT: Zerosurge is the manufacturer of the Brickwall units, so more or less the same.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I'm looking for suggestions on what type of power protection device to use. I prefer the strip format instead of the full size component style. I am mostly concerned with protection rather than filtering or regeneration. I don’t care about having nanocrystals or whatever ps audio claims to use. I just want my gear t last if a surge or other weird event happaens. Any suggestions? I was looking at the furman pst 8 or something similar.

Quote:
I've used a Brickwall PW8RAUD for years and am quite happy with it.

EDIT: Zerosurge is the manufacturer of the Brickwall units, so more or less the same.

Funny that these are the first few posts. I've using a Furman M-8x for about 4 years now and been through a few big surges with absolutely no problems. It's even kept my stuff running through a few. It's an easy to recommend unit. 

Although while building my rack (in the process) I'm considering upgrading to a Brickwall rack unit (2 of them actually). Would definitely like more feedback on the Brickwalls. 

I'm either going to end up with 2 Furmans or 2 Brickwalls. The former is cheaper and still good, but the Brickwall units have a few features that I'd like to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back