Power Plant Premier first impressions
Feb 4, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #31 of 62
I think you should put ERS paper on your LCD screen. And make sure you start dusting your table with ERS paper. WHile you're at it, why dont you line your garbage can with ERS paper.

Feb 4, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #32 of 62
Oh... do you have any real life friends? I wonder what they would say when they saw your room... a sort of a sleeper cell for some underground audiophool organization. You're what gives audiophiles a bad name.

BUT, continue with your crazy antics as it is always entertaining.

Not one person takes you seriously, but go on spending your money. It's great for the economy anyway.

Have fun.

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh... do you have any real life friends? I wonder what they would say when they saw your room... a sort of a sleeper cell for some underground audiophool organization. You're what gives audiophiles a bad name.

BUT, continue with your crazy antics as it is always entertaining.

Not one person takes you seriously, but go on spending your money. It's great for the economy anyway.

Have fun.

I'm not audiophile. Audiophiles are those who constantly upgrade sources and amps and think they get better sound, then after half a lifetime they realize they haven't got anywhere. Changing to another box doesn't magically stop radio towers from broadcasting. Each problem in the system needs a solution.
ERS Paper for RFI/EMI, power conditioning for AC noise, isolation feet for resonances, Valhalla cables for muddiness. MWave4 for Toroids, CleanWave for power supplies.

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #34 of 62
I found some posts in another thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200285

10-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't replace P300 with Premier because I NEED MWave4. Premier can only do MWave1.
With MWave1 the bass is gone and midrange is emphasized but the midrange detail is worse!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I lasted only 5 minutes until I wanted to change back. With MWave4 there is CRAZY BASS and more midrange detail, background is much blacker and everything sounds warmer. It is better in every way. After 10 months of experimentation, the power supply of GCC-100 amp and Benchmark DAC1 work best with MWave4!

11-19-2006, 05:47 AM
Quote:

Since I want to save more electricity I tried it again, I was hoping to replace P300 with Premier, but after more experimentation I can't see how Premier could be any better. The difference between MWave1 and MWave4 makes the biggest difference in my system.

I moved my transport from Power Plant into Ultimate Outlet and it still sounded better than when all components were using MWave1. So the difference between MWave1 and MWave4 is bigger than Ultimate Outlet vs Power Plant.

MWave4 is both warmer and more transparent than MWave1. More detail, blacker background, more bass, more body, more transparency, better highs, smoother, fuller, warmer, faster, more realistic, everything!
It makes MWave1 sound broken in comparison, there is lack of detail and it sounds too open, now I understand why people get a blacker background when they daisy chain multiple Power Plants together. But with one Power Plant and MWave4 I can't see how it can get any blacker than this, where is the weakness? I don't hear anything wrong!

12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Quote:

I don't like the muddy input transformers but MWave4 is so good that it makes it better overall. Clean Sweep is important too.

12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Quote:

Ok, I'm getting the Premier.

I have realized that Toroidal transformers need MWave4 but with other transformers it isn't as important.

The bigger the Toroid is the bigger the improvement. When I went from MWave1 to MWave4 for my old Krell KAV-500i it made a bigger difference than Vishnu vs Valhalla power cord. Valhalla power cord for Krell made the biggest improvement in my system at that time.
My Benchmark DAC1 has a Toroid and I heard huge improvements when I changed from MWave1 to MWave4.
My new ICEpower amp (GCC-100) doesn't benefit from MWave4 that much so I can move it to the Premier along with the rest.

I will only use the P300 Power Plant for gear with Toroidal transformers.

Look, my experimentation came to the same conclusion as 2 months ago. I'm only using P300 for Benchmark DAC1 now!

Feb 4, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

I think you should put ERS paper on your LCD screen. And make sure you start dusting your table with ERS paper. WHile you're at it, why dont you line your garbage can with ERS paper.

I will do it, but not the dusting part. All furniture need to be covered.

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #36 of 62
Is the Premier more quiet than P300 when in operation?

I've never tried any of them,well I obviously couldn't have tried the Premier
since the european version is delayd.

Feb 4, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #37 of 62
Patrick,

Your observations are interesting. I myself have found the greatest improvment in wrapping ERS paper around my entire head in a turbin configuration. I then have multiwave 4 sent thru my wireless home internet router. You will not believe the magnitude of improvement!

Pure Bliss.

Dan

Feb 4, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #38 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick,

Your observations are interesting. I myself have found the greatest improvment in wrapping ERS paper around my entire head in a turbin configuration. I then have multiwave 4 sent thru my wireless home internet router. You will not believe the magnitude of improvement!

Pure Bliss.

Dan

Dan - You must delineate carefully weather that twas a turbine config, a turban confab, or is there truly an undisclosed turbin confligration that causes better brain burn in? The difference can be subtle or pro-found.

Some links to monographs by some auroratative blue sky physicists (or American ones) would help make me feel more lucid.

I'll go back to sleep now, where my highs seem more transparent, lows Stygian, and mids possessed of interstilial depths of incalculable dimensions.

Feb 4, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #39 of 62
Quote:

I have cut my Vishnus to pieces and done experiments on them. I offered someone to try them for free and he refused, Vishnu is that bad...I don't know what Nordost was thinking when they designed the cable, they should have listened to it first before releasing it.

Myself I prefer a stock cable over the Vishnu. Vishnu lacks the edginess that makes it sound like real life, it's smoother than real life, it sounds very thin and lean. There are no dynamics.
With Valhalla something weird is happening with the power supply, it doesn't seem like it is neutral. Valhalla sounds both heavy and edgy while being smooth, the heavy speed is not normal! No matter how fat the cable is it gives the illusion of a blacker background and more transparency. With different sizes the detail changes but the transparency still remains. With Vishnu it was dull no matter what size I tried. When I cut Vishnu to pieces I was expecting it to sound close to Valhalla after the mods, I was wrong and had to pay for it.

I'll take the Vishnu for free if you don't want it.
blink.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #40 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the Premier more quiet than P300 when in operation?

I've never tried any of them,well I obviously couldn't have tried the Premier
since the european version is delayd.

If you unplug the fan inside P300 they are about the same loudness. But the P300 can only handle 10-20 watts if it's upside down and the cover is open. The Premier can handle hundreds of watts without the fan coming on.

10 watts on P300 and 200 watts on Premier has about the same chassis temperature.

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll take the Vishnu for free if you don't want it.
blink.gif

It's not really much better then any other good powercable...it might be on par or even worse then the much cheaper blacksands z1....only the valhalla seems to be considderably better...
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dan - You must delineate carefully weather that twas a turbine config, a turban confab, or is there truly an undisclosed turbin confligration that causes better brain burn in? The difference can be subtle or pro-found.

Some links to monographs by some auroratative blue sky physicists (or American ones) would help make me feel more lucid.

I'll go back to sleep now, where my highs seem more transparent, lows Stygian, and mids possessed of interstilial depths of incalculable dimensions.

Peter,

YES...you are right!

ERS paper instead of wallpaper. Sounds better already....

Feb 5, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #43 of 62
For 2 years I have tried to justify the purchase of the Vishnu, I have tried stuff and I still don't like it, way too smooth without an improvement in detail. The only thing I haven't tried is using a separate Vishnu for hot, neutral and ground signals. When I think about it, it might work. I have 3 1meter Vishnus, I could use it for my LCD screen...

I plugged the LCD into Premier with Statement cable again and didn't see a difference, maybe I don't care enough about image quality. It also seemed like the audio quality became worse the more I plugged into it. I heard this many times and thought it was all in my mind, maybe it's real.

I need to try the Vishnus for the DC wiring of computer. But I'm worried since the Vishnu is thicker than the wiring I will replace.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #44 of 62
Patrick,

I seriously think you are schizophrenic. You have issues and you seriously need to see a psychiatrist in Sweden. Do it before you dont have any more money and all you have to show for it are half-cut Valhalla cables and dust laden ERS paper. Not to mention a burned down room from the messed up amps and power conditioners you have "modded".

Get help.

Now.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

Patrick,

I seriously think you are schizophrenic. You have issues and you seriously need to see a psychiatrist in Sweden. Do it before you dont have any more money and all you have to show for it are half-cut Valhalla cables and dust laden ERS paper. Not to mention a burned down room from the messed up amps and power conditioners you have "modded".

Get help.

Now.

That's what my other personalities told me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back