power metal anyone
Mar 20, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #31 of 47
I could never really force myself to like Kamelot. Some bands that I enjoy are: Blind Guardian, Demons & Wizards, Falconer, earlier Nightwish (Century Child and Oceanborn being my favorites), Rhapsody [of Fire], Tarot, Firewind (a little bit), and Brother Firetribe. In no particular order.

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #32 of 47
I've only recently gotten into power metal, and I must say that Nightwish and Kamelot are great bands. Maybe my ears suck, but I'm much more into songs that have very well defined melodies.

Another recommendation - Masterplan anyone? They popped up when I was listening to pandora and they sounded pretty good.

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
earlier Nightwish (Century Child and Oceanborn being my favorites)... Tarot...

No Wishmaster??
tongue.gif

Tarot is a must for anyone who likes Nightwish. It's exactly how you'd expect a Marco Hietala-fronted band to sound like, and they have some pretty good songs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by t3hggnore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only recently gotten into power metal, and I must say that Nightwish and Kamelot are great bands. Maybe my ears suck, but I'm much more into songs that have very well defined melodies.

Another recommendation - Masterplan anyone? They popped up when I was listening to pandora and they sounded pretty good.

YES Masterplan were superb on the first 2 albums. A good 3rd as well but without Jorn somethings missing.

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #37 of 47
Check out " Lords of Black"
Seen them last month live, and they were awesome.
Singer Ronnie Romero has a supervoice!

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #39 of 47
Tony Hernando grew up in the village right next to the village of my Spanish wife actually.
Had a great meet after the show, he is a nice person and, yes, a great guitar player

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #40 of 47
Double

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #45 of 47
Woohoo, POWER METAL!!!!! So cheesy yet catchy and epic and melodic, definitely one of favourite genre. I'll list down some of my favourites, some of which have already been mentioned: -
Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody
Dream Evil
Ancient Bards
Power Quest
Stratovarius
Instanzia
etc.

My power metal listening list is huge so this is the main ones I can recall at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back