Power cord for Woo Audio amps??
Aug 24, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #16 of 23
Yeah, before you spend on power cables spend on everything else or you won't hear the difference.

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If not, what should I get?

A standard IEC power cord from any electronics store for under $10. If you really want to go boutique with power cables, do so LAST, as a final system tweak. The reason that Woo doesn't supply power cords with their amps has more to do with Jack not wanting to stock IEC cords for every plug type in the world, I would imagine, rather than him expecting his customers to use aftermarket power cables.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #18 of 23
I just received my Wa2 for a week.
But in this time, I like to pair pure silver powercable with this amp.
Because its sound is very very tubey, silver cable can make him more balance.
However, after it has been burned in or I rolled its tubes, I think that all situation will change?
According to my previous experience, I always like the sound of copper cable.

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #20 of 23
I used the popular Volex and it is nice and strong. Now I use the Signal Cable power cord, I forget the model but it's the one that's recommended for amps and it was around $59 I think. Either way, both cables are fine and will probable last forever.

May 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #21 of 23
I just got a quote from Woo Audio and 4n Copper Power cord is offered for $250.
I found bit weird that this amp doesn't come with even cheaper AC cord.

When I purchased Burson 160DS it came with one power cord, later I upgraded. But honestly doesn't make lot of difference in terms of sound quality.

I think expensive power cords are just a scam IMO.

May 31, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #22 of 23
For $125 the Shunyata Venom 3 is all you need, even if you upgrade to a higher model Woo. The Woo amp will not be revealing enough to tell much of a difference for better cords.

May 31, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #23 of 23
For $125 the Shunyata Venom 3 is all you need, even if you upgrade to a higher model Woo. The Woo amp will not be revealing enough to tell much of a difference for better cords.

Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back