Power Conditioning: The Next Level
Sep 14, 2001 at 11:35 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
Sounds like you got your moneys worth Jude. I wonder if the BP jr. would work for me? Hmmm...

Acid, man, I'm at my office right now (can't leave yet because a local parade is blocking my exit), and I am chompin' at the bit to get home to listen to my rig a little bit (only "a little bit" because I can't keep my eyes off the news). Yes, it was money well spent so far.

Also, my BPT model C-7 power cord arrived today, but I had to leave before I had a chance to install it. So I'm looking forward to getting home, breaking out the ProGold, and getting the C-7 in the rig to see if it helps out. It's a beautiful cord in terms of appearance, that's for sure. Now let's see how it sounds.

You know, this weekend, I'm going to rate the effectiveness of some of the tweaks I've done (I know y'all tease me a lot, but I really haven't done that many
tongue.gif
).

Regarding the BP-jr: I think I want one for my office rig (maybe after getting a desktop home-type amp for that rig).

Sep 15, 2001 at 10:43 AM Post #62 of 64
Jude

Heres a list of all the complete power tweaks that I have made in my system:-

Powercords x3 two normal one High current. The two normal ones are on my amp and on my mf xpsu. The high current is on the cdp.

Silencers x4 one next to the fridge and freezer one next to the tv plug in the block and one next to the computer.

1 3m Yello extension block (bought this cause I couldnt afford the extortiante amount required for the proper 8 way distrubtion block)

1 Eight way distruibtion block. At that price its going to remain one as well. Have it plugged into the yello as mentioned above.

I think thats about it, and if anyone else points out that I could have bought a new component for that lot I'll brain them ok??

Has the net result been worth it? by and large I would say yes. When I first got my marantz 66 KI Signature amp and Ki signature cd player it was hooked up with cable talk and then vdh ics and qed qudos speaker cable and the cold hard impenetrable sound that it was making was immensely dissapointing, it stayed like that even after running in (and yes I did audition it!)So I took the plunge above and lo and behold everything is sounding much more impressive. Vocals are clearer, bass is now there and plays a tune quite well so by and large I am happy. The most intresting effect has been on volume! I am now playing it at a lower level and it seems LOUDER!! For example I could be playing a cd that seems quite loud, step outside the door and you can hardly hear it! I call that a result.

I think the next step for me is to send back one of the standard current powercords and replace it with a high current one (they have a buy back scheme, depending on the condition its generally 100% back if you return it within a year, 50% in two years etc!!)that one'll be for the amp....

Incidentally Jude Russ Andrews accessories have finally updated there website, its at www.russandrews.com so if you want to take a look at stuff like the powerblock and the Silencers then take a look!!

Sep 27, 2001 at 1:14 AM Post #63 of 64
Hey Jude, Thanks for the tip on BPT site. I got my BPT-jr signature today. It really improved my Sennheiser HD-600,Red Cloucable,Wheatfield HA-1 & Millenium 1B set-up in every way!!!!!!!! Arrowmark

Sep 27, 2001 at 1:36 AM Post #64 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by arrowmark
Hey Jude, Thanks for the tip on BPT site. I got my BPT-jr signature today. It really improved my Sennheiser HD-600,Red Cloucable,Wheatfield HA-1 & Millenium 1B set-up in every way!!!!!!!! Arrowmark

arrowmark,

Congrats on the BP-jr! Since I'm only running a dedicated headphone rig on my BP-3, sometimes I wonder if I should have gone for the more affordable BP-jr since it would have easily supported this small rig o'mine. I'm only using two outlets on it anyway. Oh well... I think I'll end up getting a BP-jr for my office rig at some point.

I'm not at all surprised by the results you're hearing, arrowmark. I still marvel at the sound of my rig on balanced power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back