pots with built in switch?
Aug 26, 2004 at 5:27 PM Post #19 of 32
Yes, it would have a threaded bushing (M7x0.75). Check the data sheet for the RK097 series at the Alps website. All of the pots in the RK097 series have threaded metal bushings.

Price will be dependent on the quantity ordered. I'm actually trying to get in touch with a Mouser purchasing manager to try to convince them to carry this pot and the Blue Velvet pot as stock items.

Jan 26, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #20 of 32
These pots are supposed to fit the new Pimeta board. RK0971221Z05 is the one to use according to Warren Young. There are also similar push switches, but the rotary one would seem to be great. I would be interested in purchasing a few as well. Thanks.

Apr 23, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #21 of 32
hey guys im kinda a ray newbie and i was wondering im shur there is stuff outthere like this but how bout a pot the can u can push in when ur done and push it again to use and it is to control the audio and the power and it would have a light on it????????????? is there such i know there is the push in and out with audio and power control but i don't know about it haveing a light on it. any ideas???????????

Apr 24, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #25 of 32
on the subject of pots anyone know where to find the layout for the alps pot rk097 for when you use it with a pcb?

also shame you have oder them in batches of 100+ hope to find them in single form.

Apr 25, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #26 of 32
where are you located? in USA you can get the switched one from tangent, outside USA from farnell.....

Apr 25, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #27 of 32
The Rk097 is a great pot available from Tangent as has already been noted.

As for the layout... Do you just need the pin out or a full diagram? Both should be on the Alps website... Just look for the datasheet there.

May 5, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #30 of 32
Typically Alps pots (as well as many if not most stereo pots) pinouts are arranged in two rows of 3 pins each. Looking at it bottom side up, with the pot shaft towards you, the two right side pins are the grounds, the two middle pins are the outputs (to the amp) and the two left pins are the inputs (to the input jacks). Doesn't matter which half you use for which channel, just keep one channel on each row of 3 pins.

Always grab the datasheet when in doubt; next would be the DMM and ohm it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back