Potential problem with Wooaudio WA6SE stock driver tubes
Jan 15, 2013 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

adamjsen

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am really new to tube amp and just recently purchased the Wooaudio WA6SE. I really like the amp but I notice that two stock driver tubes do not glow equally.

The tube on the left side glows significantly brighter than the right one. I turned the amp off, waited for both tubes to cool down and swapped them but the result is the same. The left tube is still brighter than the right one even if I swapped them.

I start burning-in for about 20 hours and have not noticed imbalance between left and right sides yet. I am worried if there is anything wrong with the amp unit. Can anyone share me what goes wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 5
I would email or call the amp-maker -- He will know best what to do.  

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 5
First swap channels is one 
tube brighter than the other if you switch left to right is the same tube brighter. if so more than likely you have one weak tube. If the left side is always glowing bright when you switch both tubes its the amp more than likely. First see if its the tube  or the amp then it will be either send the amp back to Jack or  have him send you another set of tubes.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #4 of 5
Thank you for suggestion. I tried swapping tube but the the left tube is always brighter regardless of which tube I use. I guess it could be an amp. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back