potential giant slayer amp from av123.com
Mar 30, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #32 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As you probably know, the organizer of that has some ties to AV123 currently, so you might want to be careful using that as your example.

not at the time of the review

also, the bottom rated sub on that list is also from av123, fwiw

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #33 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hasn't this thing been in the works for a couple of years now?

Yes. I was interested in it 2 years ago when I needed a compact amp for my computer listening setup. I have had the time to buy a Parasound Zamp V3 and later upgrade it to a NuForce IA-7v2 while waiting for this to leave vaporware status...

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would definitely want to see a review by someone without affiliation to the company selling them. If it is as good as they claim it is it seems like a no-brainer.

google is your friend

Mar 30, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #35 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm just going to pre-order this. $135.50 is too good to pass up for what in all likelihood will be a great amp.

I am also having difficulty finding their storefront where more info can be found on this and their other custom equipment...

EDIT: NM

Mar 30, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #36 of 77
if i'm not mistaken, the pre order price is $149 with an additional 10% only if you purchase prepaid gift cards

afaik, the unit is not on their main page yet and requires a phone call to order

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #40 of 77
I had their Perpetual Technologies P3 DAC, and it produced the best sounds I have ever heard in my system. Only the need for cash forced me to sell it and I bitterly regret it.

I bought it on the strength of rave reviews in the up-market British hifi press, where it was installed as (and may well remain as) reference standard.

As I understand it, their relatively low profile is to do with the business model they operate on, largely cutting out the middle men and selling direct to the public. I applaud that, and it seems to work for them and their many satisfied customers.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #42 of 77
If you haven't already seen this thread already:

"The x-head headphone amplifier will arrive this month"

"I’ll leave this section by showing off unit 1 off the line on x-head… There was a graphics error on the rear that was fixed the next day… They are on the way…
smily_headphones1.gif
"

x-head1.jpg

x-head2.jpg

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #45 of 77
It's pretty. But I would rather have a volume knob than a hunk of rosewood glued to the top. Wrong place to put the money IMO. And it doesn't matter as it is still not available.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back