Pot and Cap Questions
Apr 30, 2008 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

johnmatrix

100+ Head-Fier
I am building a KGSS and had a few questions on some parts I ordered.

The caps I am using are munudorf 100+100uf which came with two positive leads. I was wondering how to solder these to the circuit. I figured that tying the two leads together would be the way to go.

For my volume control, I found a 4 gang pot on ebay. However, I know nothing about it. The number on the pot itself is NN11 180962786801-B 7602. I was wondering if anyone had heard of that model number before. I will probably order some TKD 4 gang pots anyway but I want to know what I've got.

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmatrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The caps I am using are munudorf 100+100uf which came with two positive leads. I was wondering how to solder these to the circuit. I figured that tying the two leads together would be the way to go.

You can use these as two individual 100uf caps if you wish, as long as the negative lead goes to the same place. Otherwise, if you tie the positive leads together, you are placing them in parallel which will give you 200uf at the rated voltage.
Quote:

For my volume control, I found a 4 gang pot on ebay. However, I know nothing about it. The number on the pot itself is NN11 180962786801-B 7602. I was wondering if anyone had heard of that model number before. I will probably order some TKD 4 gang pots anyway but I want to know what I've got.

Got me on the eBay pot (a link to the auction would be more helpful). The TKD pots are very nice, but if the 4-gang is from Thel in Germany, they are incredibly expensive at ~200 Euro, which is what, around $400 USD (didn't check currency conversion). Or is someone else carrying the 4-gang TKDs now?

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

which psu are you building?

Apr 30, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 6
For the TKD, I am currently in contact with Sellmark electronics to try and get a quote so I don't know the price. I am building the hybrid psu.

May 1, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

For the TKD, I am currently in contact with Sellmark electronics to try and get a quote so I don't know the price. I am building the hybrid psu.

do yourself a favor then and use 500v caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back