Posting Requirements for the Gear For Sale/Trade Forums
Jan 24, 2007 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
Due to concerns with people registering just to post Gear For Sale / Trade ads, and some of the issues that come up with that, we have instituted the following as the minimum requirements that have to be met before one is allowed to post in the Gear For Sale / Trade Forums:
  1. You must be registered for a minimum of 30 days, and
  2. You must have a post-count of at least 50.
If you are found to be posting useless filler posts to reach 50, your ability to post in the Gear For Sale / Trade Forums could be revoked indefinitely (yes, we have done this before, as we do not enjoy deleting filler posts used to pad post counts). In short, DO NOT POST FILLER POSTS. If you're wondering what constitutes a filler post, ask yourself this question before you hit the submit button: Am I posting this post/thread primarily to get to 50? If you answer yes, or even maybe, I'd strongly suggest you reconsider posting it.

Also, when you get to 50 posts, the system does not immediately grant your permission to post in the Gear For Sale / Trade Forums. So if you try to post in there immediately after reaching over 50 posts and find that you still can not, give it one full day before you e-mail or message me to tell me that you are still unable to post in Gear For Sale / Trade.

We understand that everything is a compromise, and, frankly, we're not excited about feeling like we have to do this, but we've found that a disproportionate amount of questionable (and outright bogus) activity in the Gear For Sale / Trade forums comes from those who have had very little participation here prior to posting their ads.

Best Regards,
Head-Fi Moderating Team

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Because the 50-post requirement was encouraging people to post nonsense posts to run up to 50 posts, this rule is no longer in effect.

Buyers and sellers, beware. If one's post count means something to you, then pay mind to the post count of the people offering to sell to or buy from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back