Post your wallpaper!
Aug 26, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #256 of 358
Yes its The House Of Usher :) I remember the first time i saw the movie on cable in the late 1990s. I couldnt believe the sharpness and quality of the camera work. It was like seeing dvd quality in the 1960s. Nothing like seeing the common sense no bs presence of Mr.Vincent Price to remind me not to be such a unthinking fool at times.

A wallpaper or two more-

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #261 of 358

Quote:
I made those btw, took me 15 hours in MSpaint.

tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #262 of 358

Quote:
Yes its The House Of Usher :) I remember the first time i saw the movie on cable in the late 1990s. I couldnt believe the sharpness and quality of the camera work. It was like seeing dvd quality in the 1960s. Nothing like seeing the common sense no bs presence of Mr.Vincent Price to remind me not to be such a unthinking fool at times.

A wallpaper or two more-

There is a slew of American International Vincent Price movies that all have that same quality. I maybe have 7 on DVD and they all have that look. They were shot in a studio and if I remember right under exposed and developed to get that dark deep color. The House Of Usher is one of the best but The Pit and the Pendulum, The Tomb of Ligeira, The Haunted Palace all have that color. I'm sure they will be on Blueray if they are not yet.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #263 of 358

Quote:
This thread has a distinct lack of mountain wallpapers.

clicky clicky ^

Great, a cold wallpaper to suppress all this intense heat.

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #270 of 358

Quote:

There is a slew of American International Vincent Price movies that all have that same quality. I maybe have 7 on DVD and they all have that look. They were shot in a studio and if I remember right under exposed and developed to get that dark deep color. The House Of Usher is one of the best but The Pit and the Pendulum, The Tomb of Ligeira, The Haunted Palace all have that color. I'm sure they will be on Blueray if they are not yet.

Woah.. i didnt know that. I know the television version of Masque Of The Red Death had that look in certain scenes when i watched it as a kid on the weekends in the 1970s but never knew they all got the..treatment :D

Thanks for the info on the DVD releases. Will have to keep an eye out for them. Picked up some Christopher Lee "Dracula" movies earlier this year on dvd which look amazing.

Something for the eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back