Post your shades!
Sep 30, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #46 of 92
discord, didn't i see you on "stalk talk"?
Quote:

Allison McGrath: Okay, uh.. Brian, how about a stalker story?

Brian: Well.. "Bitch" had gone over to the tennis instructor's house after work.. no doubt as a result of his voodoo. Naturally, I was 50-75 yards behind her at all times.. "Bitch" had been there about two hours, during which I was hiding in the bushes reading a comic book. I got kind of bored, so I started making bird noises.. like this.. [ demonstrates some wild bird noises, as Marty laughs ] What's so funny?!

Marty: [ laughing ] It's just that I've done that!

Brian: Oh. Well, anyway.. I'm making these bird noises.. all of a sudden.. the warlock comes out with his tennis racket. I guess he was looking to beat the hell out of this crazy bird that's interrupting his demon seance with "Bitch". So, I jump out of the bushes, I run out in the street screaming, "I'm the bird! I'm the little bird! And the Bitch will burn in Hell!" I must have run fifteen blocks before the cops picked me up.

Allison McGrath: Oh, you were arrested for disorderly conduct?

Brian: Also, I was nude. There were a variety of charges.

Sep 30, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #47 of 92
It's all about the flip-up shades!
coolstuff_glasses.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #50 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
night_goggle_dipol_d221h.jpg

Sweet!

Sep 30, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #51 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
night_goggle_dipol_d221h.jpg

Where do you live. On the dark side of the moon
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #54 of 92
Anyone have any opinions about polarized lenses? I am looking for new sunglasses and have been considering some polarized Oakleys (as a cop I can get them pretty cheap). I have A/B'ed some but in the store I can't tell a difference in the polarized versus non. Any suggestions?

Oct 4, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #55 of 92
Most stores have a display to show polarized vs. non. Once you go polarized you won't go back. You will notice a difference outside.

The best polarized lenses IMO are Maui Jim, Serengeti, and Revo

Oct 4, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #56 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
Smith Sweetwater II with polarized lenses.
smi_swppbres_hi.jpg

Mine are black with grey lenses.

Now THOSE are nice!

Oct 4, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #57 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase
Anyone have any opinions about polarized lenses? I am looking for new sunglasses and have been considering some polarized Oakleys (as a cop I can get them pretty cheap). I have A/B'ed some but in the store I can't tell a difference in the polarized versus non. Any suggestions?

If I remember my physics right, a polarized lens is set at an angle that effectively blocks out horizontally polarized light rays. So an easy test that my physics teacher used was to take two sets of the said "polarized" sunglasses and oriented them 90 degrees apart and if they really are polarized they would block out the horizontal and vertical polarized light. I hope that's not too hard to understand. If you were a/b'ing some glasses, try looking at a glared surface. A good example used was the hood of a car. You will notice that the glare is much less intense with the polarized lens.

On another note, can anyone recommend me a good place to start looking for a set of prescription sunglasses? Are there manufacturers that are easier to order them from?

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #58 of 92
here's a collage of most of my Oakley sunglasses and eyeglasses, since December 2005. i've since added four more to the collection.
biggrin.gif

collectioncollage.jpg

Apr 9, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #60 of 92
Oliver Peoples green tortoise Buzzy:

prodImage.ms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back