Post your RS1/RS2 Rig here!
Dec 18, 2006 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Clony

100+ Head-Fier
Dont know if there alredy is a thread like this, but posting anyway...

But as title: Post your RS1/RS2 Rig here!

Will post some pic's my self when the camera are recharged.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:43 AM Post #5 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nowadays:
25ym5.jpg

Waaaah!!! Me wants that rig!!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:04 AM Post #6 of 62
what is that amp which is powering your rs1? it is gorgeous.

How much does it cost, how good is it? and where do i get one?

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:10 AM Post #7 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waaaah!!! Me wants that rig!!!!
biggrin.gif

That *might* be possible. I have a K-1000 on the way and depending on how good that thing is this rig might be for sale. Unfortunatly I can't keep both of them around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is that amp which is powering your rs1? it is gorgeous.

How much does it cost, how good is it? and where do i get one?

It's a Mapletree Ear+HD. It comes prebuilt or in kit form from http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/, and is regarded as (one of) the best RS-1 amp(s) on this board. I can only agree.
biggrin.gif

More information on it is here: http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/ear+purist.htm
Price list is here: http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/prices.htm
It costs $450 in kit form plus $50 for the HD upgrade. Assembled it goes for $600.

I scraped off the original wood stain and stained it in the color of the RS-1's. Though the amp looks a bit utilitarian it looks great as a combination, in my opinion.

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #9 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@digitalmind:

What are you going to be driving the K1000s with? I don't think the Mapletree can really power them.

At the moment, nothing.
eek.gif

I do have a cheap JVC digital receiver that I'll be powering them with in the mean time, I plan on building a Aleph 30 clone (I can get a decent kit at a relatively low cost). I really don't know yet, the K-1000 was an impulse buy so not much of logic went into the purchase. Unfortunatly I can't afford an amp for it unless I let go of the RS-1. However, I've heard good things of the Singlepower Extreme aswell for the K-1000, so if that can run the RS-1 decently aswell I might have to swap my Mapletree for one of those.

There's a meeting on februari the 4th where there will also be a Heed Obelisk, a 35 wpc integrated amp, so we'll see if that's a good combination. If it's anything as good as from what I've heard of the Canamp I'm in for a treat.
biggrin.gif

If you have recommendations, please give them! I am very unknown with the K-1000's (never even seen them) so any comments are welcome. Through PM offcourse, or a different thread. =-)

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #10 of 62
Quote:

That *might* be possible. I have a K-1000 on the way and depending on how good that thing is this rig might be for sale. Unfortunatly I can't keep both of them around.

Waaaah!!! Me needs a lot of money and FAST!
biggrin.gif

Being student especially at the times like these sucks...
mad.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #12 of 62
I am going to buying RS-1 soon, and am undecided on what headphone amp to buy. I also own HD600, and SR-125, and in future am considering getting ATH W5000.

The headphone amp most recommended to me so far is the earmax pro / silver, how would you think the mapletree ear HD compares for this all round job?

Dec 18, 2006 at 10:26 AM Post #13 of 62
I'm a-getting jealous now. Especially of Digitalmind's rig. Yummy! Wish I could afford some RS-1s NOW. Man I hate waiting...especially when I don't know how long the wait is going to be
frown.gif

Starscream, I'd say it depends on which phone ends up being your main one. The Mapletree is so damn good with John Grado phones...
icon10.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 1:18 PM Post #15 of 62
Like Digitalmind wrote, I did this before as well. Don't have them together, but here we go anyway
wink.gif

ASPEN with AKG K340

And some from RS2 with iAudio6 ( sold )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back