Post your RS1/RS2 Rig here!
Dec 18, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #16 of 62
I have an Alessandro MS-Pro, so I guess that is close enough to a RS-1.
icon10.gif
To my ears, the sound out of this setup is nearly perfect...
Transport: Music Hall CD25.2 CD player
DAC: Ack! dAck! 2.0 (with high output option)
Amp: HeadAmp GS-1 (with DACT stepped attenuator)
Cables: Zu Birth and VH Audio Flavor 1 power cables for amp and transport ( respectively), Kimber Silver Streak IC, Ack! digital cable

f59334fc.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

Dec 18, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 62
Nice organized set ups. Y'all make me feel like a slob.

Great idea OP.

About RS-1 amps. The Mapletree is the best I've heard, better than PPX, Melos, RA-1, etc. Synergy heaven.

kontai69 - good job on the vibration control. You don't see that much on headfi.

digitalmind - where did you get DIY plans for the Aleph? I'd be interested in getting my hands on those if possible.

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #19 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice organized set ups. Y'all make me feel like a slob.

Great idea OP.

About RS-1 amps. The Mapletree is the best I've heard, better than PPX, Melos, RA-1, etc. Synergy heaven.

kontai69 - good job on the vibration control. You don't see that much on headfi.

digitalmind - where did you get DIY plans for the Aleph? I'd be interested in getting my hands on those if possible.

Why aleph? There are schematics availalbe for the f1 and f2 allready.. They are on the pass site. Im actually gonna build f1 myself, seems pretty easy.

Check these links for more: http://www.diyaudio.com/ http://www.passdiy.com/

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an Alessandro MS-Pro, so I guess that is close enough to a RS-1.
icon10.gif
To my ears, the sound out of this setup is nearly perfect...
Transport: Music Hall CD25.2 CD player
DAC: Ack! dAck! 2.0 (with high output option)
Amp: HeadAmp GS-1 (with DACT stepped attenuator)
Cables: Zu Birth and VH Audio Flavor 1 power cables for amp and transport ( respectively), Kimber Silver Streak IC, Ack! digital cable

f59334fc.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

Nice rig Kontai! You already got the GS-1 with the SA? That was fast.
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by varro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why aleph? There are schematics availalbe for the f1 and f2 allready.. They are on the pass site. Im actually gonna build f1 myself, seems pretty easy.

Because I've heard it and like the sound. I hear the F1 controls the drivers better but the Aleph has a more inviting midrange. I like midrange
icon10.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #22 of 62
Here's mine:
rs1-002.jpg

RS-1's to the right, HD-650's to the left:

rs1-004.jpg

The particulars are in my profile.

Dec 18, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #23 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine:
(pic)

RS-1's to the right, HD-650's to the left:

(pic)

The particulars are in my profile.

Those B&W are shizz in the bizz!! Pure **** i might say!
eek.gif

Love your style. Going to get the HD650 my self, and maby those B&W's? how do your speakers sound compered to your RS1? i know that a speaker and a headphone cant realy compere, but is so that the B&W have the same type of sound that Grado known for?

Dec 18, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those B&W are shizz in the bizz!! Pure **** i might say!
eek.gif

Love your style. Going to get the HD650 my self, and maby those B&W's? how do your speakers sound compered to your RS1? i know that a speaker and a headphone cant realy compere, but is so that the B&W have the same type of sound that Grado known for?

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Wow, you're asking a tough one. As you say, it's really hard to compare speakers ans headphones. Not to mention that they may sound a lot different in your room.

I don't think that I would say they have a "Grado" type of sound. They do have some attributes in common. I find them to be very accurate and quick, but not sterile. One of their qualities that a lot of people notice right away is their coherence. I mean, they have a very broad frequency range, yet they manage to make you think that there's only one source of the sound, not 4 separate drivers.

They don't have the deepest bass, they go down to around 38Hz, but what bass there is is magnificent. Taut and strong and quick.

But they differ form the Grados in that they aren't especially forward in their presentation. In my room I'd say they give me a 10'th row presentation. They're never fatiguing.

Of course now that I've read what I typed, i suppose you could say they are similar to the RS-1's! But just thinking about it too much is starting to make my brain hurt!
rs1smile.gif

Let's just say that the RS-1's, the HD-650's and the B&W's all complement each other. It's never boring!
biggrin.gif

I usually am listening to the speakers until the hour gets late, then I break out the headphones.

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #25 of 62
Those speakers are driving me crazy with envy... lol not to mention the rs1s!

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #27 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by varro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just finished my F1 project for my K1000 with excellent results. I wouldn't say it was easy, but I went a little beyond the bare minimum to implement it.

If you hit any stumbling blocks lemme know. I'd be happy to help.

One thing is for certain, it is a magical amp for the K1000.

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS-1HHF-1rack.jpg

Wow!
blink.gif

Those are some beautiful mods...

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:48 AM Post #29 of 62
Nothing terribly special... team budget-fi!!

Panasonic DVD carousel => entech 205.2 => earmax or OPA2107 pimeta or guzzler cmoy

I expect some major upgrades soon though
rs1smile.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's just say that the RS-1's, the HD-650's and the B&W's all complement each other. It's never boring!
biggrin.gif

I usually am listening to the speakers until the hour gets late, then I break out the headphones.

One big happy family--good balance--thanks for the pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back