Post your Photography Here!
Jul 30, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #1,576 of 1,784
skyline889, you are so fortunate to have such nice camera gear to be able to take pictures like that.
I envy your firework pictures. Gives me something to aspire to.
^_^

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #1,577 of 1,784
Will someone post a picture in RAW format so that I can play with Photoshop CS3s HDR feature? I imagine RAW photos are pretty big, so if posting them here doesn't make sense, where can I get some samples to work with?

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #1,579 of 1,784
Thank for the compliment Towert! I was really surprised to hear this coming from you because your photos are really great; I always thought you were shooting with a D80 or a D200 than I found in another thread that you were shooting with a...D50! I'm shooting with the D50 too along with primarily the 18-55 kit lens for wide-angle (70-300mm VR for Tele) and its a great digital rig to start from. Though the kit lens is a bit softer than I would prefer, it's worth it not to have to hassle with manually metering and focusing with my manual primes and I've never really felt limited by the D50s capabilities. I would've loved to have that 18-200mm VR though but sadly I'm not going to be using Nikon as much anymore since I gave the camera to my dad and bought a used 20D.

P.S.-Have you tried the speaker outs on the Pioneer yet? I used to have a Pioneer QX-8000 (Well still do but one channel died out) and the speaker outs were great! It rivaled my old Marantz and I even preferred it to the newer NAD C352 I have. I would love to get it repaired because it's built like a tank but I'm afraid something else might die out after I do.

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #1,580 of 1,784
coming home from Vancouver, flying over the Rockies

photo0015ie9.jpg

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #1,581 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank for the compliment Towert! I was really surprised to hear this coming from you because your photos are really great; I always thought you were shooting with a D80 or a D200 than I found in another thread that you were shooting with a...D50! I'm shooting with the D50 too along with primarily the 18-55 kit lens for wide-angle (70-300mm VR for Tele) and its a great digital rig to start from. Though the kit lens is a bit softer than I would prefer, it's worth it not to have to hassle with manually metering and focusing with my manual primes and I've never really felt limited by the D50s capabilities. I would've loved to have that 18-200mm VR though but sadly I'm not going to be using Nikon as much anymore since I gave the camera to my dad and bought a used 20D.

Oh wow, that's so impressive! I would have expected photos like that to come from a multi thousand dollar rig. Very impressive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
P.S.-Have you tried the speaker outs on the Pioneer yet? I used to have a Pioneer QX-8000 (Well still do but one channel died out) and the speaker outs were great! It rivaled my old Marantz and I even preferred it to the newer NAD C352 I have. I would love to get it repaired because it's built like a tank but I'm afraid something else might die out after I do.

I did try it with very cheap outdoor speakers using the radio. I have not hooked them up to my speakers though, but will soon just to see.
I did notice a slight channel imbalance at low volumes (what I would listen to them at), and I'm not sure if this was common with all of their units, or if the volume pot could use a cleaning. I'll have to look into it.

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #1,582 of 1,784
Took a few night time photos. Just wanted to fool around with light sources.

Senn PX100w

JJ GZ34S Tube

In this one I went crazy with the laser, and was surprised by the result.

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #1,585 of 1,784
Very cool. I just love b&w photography.

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #1,586 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very creative towert!

Thanks!

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #1,588 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobs of Lub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
had to f with my new tripod!
the 408 in Orlando
ps0082.jpg

Very cool effect! /me like
lambda.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #1,589 of 1,784
this weekend saw me shoot a huge rec swim meet, i shot 4600 frames in two days.

looks like ill have about 1800 keepers for sale. ive got a little under 1300 left to process but when they are all online ill be sure to post some of the best - swimming is tough as hell to shoot but produces some great images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back